DAC for around 1500$ to match my HD800
May 22, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #61 of 63
To be honest as I have said previously I don't believe there are huge differences in dac's, and a neutral dac with low distortion and decent crosstalk performance such as the 0404 should reproduce the signal with no audible degradation. 

May 23, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #62 of 63
dadab12, The best advise you already got several times and that is that you go out and try some DACs in your defined price range, You did this with your current amp, why not do so with your source component which would arguably have an even bigger impact on the overall sound of the setup than the auditor has, given that it is such a transparent amp. There are quite of few offerings in your area to try and get to learn  what sound signature suits you better.  PM me for specifcs.

May 23, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #63 of 63
Edit sorry
Quote:
dadab12, The best advise you already got several times and that is that you go out and try some DACs in your defined price range, You did this with your current amp, why not do so with your source component which would arguably have an even bigger impact on the overall sound of the setup than the auditor has, given that it is such a transparent amp. There are quite of few offerings in your area to try and get to learn  what sound signature suits you better.  PM me for specifcs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back