DAC/AMP under USD $900
Feb 26, 2023 at 8:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

missleaking

New Head-Fier
Sorry for my poor gammar

I am a newcomer of hifi, after watching a tons of video and posts, i decided to buy Hifiman Arya v3. I'm looking for dac/amp combo which is under USD$900 to drive arya well.

Fiio K9 Pro ESS has nice dac and reasonable amp in this price range. Also can be used as pure dac if i gonna buy a better amp.

Are there any better choices ? It will be better if it can support bluetooth (LDAC).

Feb 26, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #2 of 7
Sorry for my poor gammar

I am a newcomer of hifi, after watching a tons of video and posts, i decided to buy Hifiman Arya v3. I'm looking for dac/amp combo which is under USD$900 to drive arya well.

Fiio K9 Pro ESS has nice dac and reasonable amp in this price range. Also can be used as pure dac if i gonna buy a better amp.

Are there any better choices ? It will be better if it can support bluetooth (LDAC).
I can't speak for the ESS variant, but I had the AKM version and it was excellent, no problems driving headphones like Utopia or D8000 Pro. According to the spec sheet ESS variant is even a little more capable than the AKM, with dual DACs and a little more power. Amp-wise it uses THX, so very clean and detailed; yet it sounded very smooth and and non-fatiguing to my ear, though the ESS version might be different. For an AIO unit, especially with bluetooth, you can't really go wrong.

Feb 27, 2023 at 3:46 AM Post #4 of 7
Sorry for my poor gammar

I think you will enjoy this even more http://www.audio-gd.com/R2R/R11MK2/R11mk2EN.htm

Of course it does not have bluetooth. No gimmicks from Audio-gd. :)

Feb 27, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #5 of 7
I can't speak for the ESS variant, but I had the AKM version and it was excellent, no problems driving headphones like Utopia or D8000 Pro. According to the spec sheet ESS variant is even a little more capable than the AKM, with dual DACs and a little more power. Amp-wise it uses THX, so very clean and detailed; yet it sounded very smooth and and non-fatiguing to my ear, though the ESS version might be different. For an AIO unit, especially with bluetooth, you can't really go wrong.
Thank you for sharing. Seems like k9 pro is a good choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back