D7000 on the way, keces 151 at home, which amp would you recommend up to 400usd?
Dec 15, 2009 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Geir

100+ Head-Fier
First of all, what I look for is clarity, to be able to hear "deep into the music".
I do like my hiphop and I do like my haydn.
So musci tastes is varied, like some bass, but prefer the more controlled insteaded of bloated version.

Any pointers/recommendations?

Or would a fiio e5 be enough?

Dec 16, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #2 of 14
I've got the same question here. Getting a KECES DA-151 on the way, and though I don't have headphones to match the D7000's, I am curious to see what sort of amp would work well with the DAC.
If it helps, I listen to mostly electronic dance music (trance, hardcore, house, whatever), jazz, videogame music, classical, rock, J-pop... anything really. Except rap and hip-hop.

Dec 16, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #5 of 14
No, seriously, it's not "nice", it's a deal of a lifetime - that one is approaching $400 in parts alone! I'd recommend begging for international shipping.
wink.gif

Dec 17, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zeroblade : Pick amp for headphones.

I take it then that the DAC is very neutral? Some reviews I read about it say that, but others said it gave a cold personality to the music.

edit: whoops; DAC, not amp.

Dec 18, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First of all, what I look for is clarity, to be able to hear "deep into the music".
I do like my hiphop and I do like my haydn.
So musci tastes is varied, like some bass, but prefer the more controlled insteaded of bloated version.

Any pointers/recommendations?

Or would a fiio e5 be enough?

I don't think Fiio E5 can satisfy you. it only can give your phones louder, it lack of controlling capability.

Dec 18, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #9 of 14
Thinking about Dr Meiers Swing or Shanling PH100 as amp.
Should be decent choices both.

Dec 18, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #10 of 14
I have the D7000's and the Keces 151 mkII and both the Little Dot MKIII and X-can V8 work very well. I keep reading how some claim the Little Dot is not capable of powering the D7000s and how it shortens the life of the output tubes, but I've had this combo for a year and a half and still on the original tubes. The X-can does have slightly tighter bass, but I'd highly recommend either amp.

Dec 20, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #12 of 14
Head Direct EF-5 has good synergy with Denon cans.

Aug 5, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #13 of 14
X2 EF5! EF5!!

Aug 5, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #14 of 14
As I've noted many times before, The X-CAN v8 is superb with Denons, and other low impedance phones - though, not great with high impedance phones.  It is a bargain, if intended for low impedance phones - I would avoid it, if for high impedance phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back