D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey
Apr 6, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #317 of 562
@d marc0 driver flex, does it display any? I see a hole...

Yes there is a hole... the good news is, driver flex is non-existent!
wink_face.gif

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #318 of 562
I now have the Earsonics SM3 V2!

First impression is they are very good for a relaxing listen without sacrificing detail! Like a very detailed Sony MH1 to my ears...
No issues with sibilance at all! Yet it retains heaps of detail because the treble extends really far just like the MH1.
Lush, warm, and very smooth balanced sound.

Special thanks to our good friend @djvkool for lending his unit for review. 
beerchug.gif

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #319 of 562
  I now have the Earsonics SM3 V2!

First impression is they are very good for a relaxing listen without sacrificing detail! Like a very detailed Sony MH1 to my ears...
No issues with sibilance at all! Yet it retains heaps of detail because the treble extends really far just like the MH1.
Lush, warm, and very smooth balanced sound.

Special thanks to our good friend @djvkool for lending his unit for review. 
beerchug.gif

Yeah, I love them!
Great IEM when I had them
Very speedy despite being a warm IEM iirc

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #320 of 562
SM3 v2 is one of the only IEM's alongside Westone 4 I feel does slightly veiled mids right. Much of the time a warm IEM will simply sound veiled to me around the mid range, although that kind of tonality can be 'ok' much of the detail and clarity is also missing from my experience. SM3 v2 however push detail/clarity through it's creamy midrange, so it still remains satisfying.  It's quite a nice IEM, but the fit can be troublesome, I remember having some sore ears after messing with many tip options.

Hows the fit for you mate, what tips are you using?

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #321 of 562
  SM3 v2 is one of the only IEM's alongside Westone 4 I feel does slightly veiled mids right. Much of the time a warm IEM will simply sound veiled to me around the mid range, although that kind of tonality can be 'ok' much of the detail and clarity is also missing from my experience. SM3 v2 however push detail/clarity through it's creamy midrange, so it still remains satisfying.  It's quite a nice IEM, but the fit can be troublesome, I remember having some sore ears after messing with many tip options.

A bit fiddly... but somehow it fits well after insertion.
I'm currently using the medium sony hybrid tips.

I don't have any other tips that can fit these unfortunately.

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #322 of 562

There's a tip mod you can do, though you require to have a stem that already fits such as Westone, Klipsch, EarSonic.

I do have some I can send you if needed to play with.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/527694/westone-4-appreciation-thread-and-reviews-a-k-a-westone-4/3375#post_8794572

I was rocking them out with these eBay tips, was the reach that bothered me, I needed more 'extension' from the nozzle.

Apr 8, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #323 of 562

There's a tip mod you can do, though you require to have a stem that already fits such as Westone, Klipsch, EarSonic.

I do have some I can send you if needed to play with.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/527694/westone-4-appreciation-thread-and-reviews-a-k-a-westone-4/3375#post_8794572

I was rocking them out with these eBay tips, was the reach that bothered me, I needed more 'extension' from the nozzle.

Yeah, this pair comes with one of those but they're still a little bit to small for the rest of the tips in my collection.
Only the Sony Hybrid tips fit well but it's ok because I do get a good seal from them.

cheers mate!

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #325 of 562
  Nice review as always D-Marc0 (Tpeos H300),  I have a question, are those really an improvement over the H200?

Thank you!

Yes the H300 is an improvement in all areas except the lower treble (around 9Khz) where the peak is more pronounced than the H200.

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #326 of 562

Sorry - I would have included the Westone true fit silicone, but I couldn't find them yet since I moved house, if you can get your hands on SHure Olives, that would be great too, though not long enough for me

Apr 9, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #327 of 562

Sorry - I would have included the Westone true fit silicone, but I couldn't find them yet since I moved house, if you can get your hands on SHure Olives, that would be great too, though not long enough for me

It's all good mate... the white sleeves that came with it actually works really well with the Sony Hybrid tips.
I'm getting good seal and am quite enjoying these at the moment. So smooth!!!!

Apr 9, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #329 of 562
I noticed something strange a few a days ago... maybe it is just my pair, but music seems to be the reverse coming from my H-300. What I mean by this is details that are on the right on my SM3 and SM64 are on the left on my H-300 and vice versa. Because of this, I have been wearing the left in my right ear and the right in my left ear. Anyone else notice this?

Apr 9, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #330 of 562
  I noticed something strange a few a days ago... maybe it is just my pair, but music seems to be the reverse coming from my H-300. What I mean by this is details that are on the right on my SM3 and SM64 are on the left on my H-300 and vice versa. Because of this, I have been wearing the left in my right ear and the right in my left ear. Anyone else notice this?

Haha yeah, I did.

It's fixed in later batches since I pointed it out to T-Peos, but the audio channels (at least on the coloured cable) are the wrong way around. You can easily work around it by plugging the cables into their opposite drivers however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back