D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey
Mar 21, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #287 of 562
  Which IC is that? 

wink.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMSL-3-5-3-5MM-Silver-plated-audio-cable-headphone-Amplifier-for-MP3-PC-PHONE-/290872937871?pt=US_Audio_Cable_Plugs_Jacks&hash=item43b960cd8f

Mar 21, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #288 of 562

wink.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMSL-3-5-3-5MM-Silver-plated-audio-cable-headphone-Amplifier-for-MP3-PC-PHONE-/290872937871?pt=US_Audio_Cable_Plugs_Jacks&hash=item43b960cd8f

Thanks! looks like it's just flat Techflex over SPC. I can make that myself and have something a little more discreet for my stack 
smile.gif

Mar 21, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #289 of 562
  Thanks! looks like it's just flat Techflex over SPC. I can make that myself and have something a little more discreet for my stack 
smile.gif

It's quite a stiff cable, (not very bendy) I think under the sheathing it is solid core? I have one here.

The cable was rather popular last year and grabbing some attention  It sticks out a bit for most applications.

Mar 21, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #290 of 562
smile.gif

That is a brilliant idea! I wish I had the skill to solder... I busted one of my IEMs trying my luck on soldering 
confused_face.gif

Mar 21, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #291 of 562

It's quite a stiff cable, (not very bendy) I think under the sheathing it is solid core? I have one here.

The cable was rather popular last year and grabbing some attention  It sticks out a bit for most applications.

I would be using multistrand cable and angled connectors. I'd love a "flat" cable to wrap around my stack like the silver one does now:

I might even make it fit between the dap and the amp... So many ideas! Off to the land of ebay I must go!

Mar 21, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #292 of 562
  I would be using multistrand cable and angled connectors. I'd love a "flat" cable to wrap around my stack like the silver one does now:

I might even make it fit between the dap and the amp... So many ideas! Off to the land of ebay I must go!

If you can make that work, its the most ideal for concealment and aesthetics.

Mar 21, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #293 of 562

MIDS: All I can say is WOW! This is what got me hooked to the Noble 4... timbre, clarity, and detail is its main forte. Vocals sound so natural that listening to Jewel - Somewhere Over The Rainbow is like having her sing right in front of you! Duets such as Tell Him by Celine Dion and Barbara Streisand are presented very well that you'd appreciate the contrasting tonal differences between the two vocals. Instruments sound excellent, full and rich... I've never heard the piano, cello, and violin rendered this natural ever! The KEF M200 is pretty close but the clarity and clean tone from the balance armature driver in the Noble 4 keeps it ahead. For the most part, I find the mids really neutral and it only starts to deviate after 3Khz where it's supposed to slope down to render a more smoother sound. To my ears, I hear the upper mids staying forward 'til about 7Khz before it starts sloping down; making the Noble 4 sound MID-centric and presents the extra clarity and resolution that most of us look for in an IEM. As a result, distorted guitars sound just a little bit edgy and vocal sibilance becomes quite apparent if it exists in the recording. The balance armature dedicated for the midrange is quite transparent and I instantly notice nuances, even the shortcomings in the mixing and mastering of the tracks. Those who desire to enjoy each and every track in their library should be aware of this because no matter what you do, this IEM will reveal everything! 

dude....

btw - great review

Mar 21, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #294 of 562
Mar 22, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #295 of 562
I was thinking it would be the other way around. That the 90 degree plug would be better say if your player was top down in your jeans pocket. I guess if it is a problem there are plenty of cable available which would fit the ear pieces.

I agree with the option of replacing the cable... At least if the 45deg Jack doesn't work for you.

Mar 27, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #296 of 562
Hello friends!

Just an update on what's coming... there's been a few changes but still a great line-up I must say.
Special thanks to a fellow headfier who's kind enough to lend his IEMs for review.

Coming Soon:
  • Unique Melody 3X Review and Comparisons    
    UM3Xsecond.jpg
  • T-PEOS H-300 Review and Comparisons          
  • Earsonics SM3 V2 Review and Comparisons    
  • Sony XBA H3 Review and Comparisons           

Mar 27, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #298 of 562
me too!

Mar 27, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #300 of 562
@DannyBai  and @d marc0, too bad you two aren't in closer proximity - I'd love for you both to check out both the 850's and the H300's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back