D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey
Dec 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #16 of 562
Well thanks guys! Happy holidays to everyone...

Dec 27, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #18 of 562
D marc0,  Thanks for the effort in paying it forward! I credit your review as being one of the reasons I picked up the DN-1000. I love the Dunu's and have found your impressions to be pretty much identical to my own experience with the DN-1000. Thanks for helping us noobs along! Hope you get your M200's sorted soon!

By the way, I also noticed the slight peak in the Dunu's at 6.5khz. I applied one of the adhesive filters from my RE272's to each nozzle and they seem a bit smoother now. Could be placebo effect, but either way I'm happy.

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #19 of 562
D marc0,  Thanks for the effort in paying it forward! I credit your review as being one of the reasons I picked up the DN-1000. I love the Dunu's and have found your impressions to be pretty much identical to my own experience with the DN-1000. Thanks for helping us noobs along! Hope you get your M200's sorted soon!

By the way, I also noticed the slight peak in the Dunu's at 6.5khz. I applied one of the adhesive filters from my RE272's to each nozzle and they seem a bit smoother now. Could be placebo effect, but either way I'm happy.

Glad to be helpful mate! Thanks for the feedback. I got a reply from Kef warranty and they are offering to service my pair for repair. Still waiting for the other rep to reply on the possibility of just getting me a replacement. KEF customer service is impressive!

I also have a filter mod on my dn1000. Just a simple foam damper over the nozzles. Not as effective as your Hifiman filters but it helps a bit.

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #21 of 562
Great work d marc0! 
Subscribed to your cool thread 
L3000.gif

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #22 of 562
  @Don Lehrer 
@mochill 
@sfwalcer 
@DannyBai 

Thanks guys! 
beerchug.gif

Sad News! One of the drivers in the right ear piece of my M200 has died. I'm trying to get a replacement either through the seller or KEF directly.
So the comparison AX60 vs M200 won't be happening. AX60 may arrive tomorrow for review so stay tuned...

Cheers!

Sad for me too.. My replacement M200 died on me again...on the right LF driver..
Sick of getting replacement for it now.. this is my 3rd pair already.. each darn pair couldnt last me over 2 months.. maybe it's a sign I listened too high a volume? Keep it on burn-in too much? Didn't have any such problems with my other IEMs though.. even failure-prone Yamaha EPH-100 is still going strong..
Then again, could just be my luck.. bad batch? Have a really bad year with electronics with the M200, my laptop, camera and phone all failing on me this year than all the years before this combined..
Sucks as M200 has such a great SQ.. oh wells.. so I'm on the lookout for a new IEM
Falling back on the Sony MH1 for now

Dec 30, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #23 of 562
Sad for me too.. My replacement M200 died on me again...on the right LF driver..
Sick of getting replacement for it now.. this is my 3rd pair already.. each darn pair couldnt last me over 2 months.. maybe it's a sign I listened too high a volume? Keep it on burn-in too much? Didn't have any such problems with my other IEMs though.. even failure-prone Yamaha EPH-100 is still going strong..
Then again, could just be my luck.. bad batch? Have a really bad year with electronics with the M200, my laptop, camera and phone all failing on me this year than all the years before this combined..
Sucks as M200 has such a great SQ.. oh wells.. so I'm on the lookout for a new IEM

Sad to hear that meng. I'm also getting a replacement soon. I hope they don't die on me again because they sound bloody good!

In other news, the Ax60 review unit has arrived so expect a comparison with the dn1000 very soon!

Also coming next week: 1plus2 original version! I can't wait to hear a TOL iem for the very first time!

Dec 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #24 of 562

That´s really sad mate, sorry to hear it. Hopefully you will get your money back.
Once I heard (or was it a movie?) that electronic appliances talk to each other and plot a plan (more like a complot) just to ruin your happiness, don´t let them win. Get new IEM´s and let us know how it ends, good luck
beerchug.gif

Dec 31, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #25 of 562

The AX60 has landed! Stay tuned...

Thanks to Tim for sending this over and to Billy for making it happen. Have a happy New year guys!

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #27 of 562
  ^ Congrats!!! i is so jelly right now.......
ksc75smile.gif

Just got a set of LG QB2s from bhazard. hoho Hope they live up better to the hype than the Brainwavz Deltas. : P

I'm interested on your take about the LG QB2s... I'm pretty sure you'll like them for outdoor listening!

Dec 31, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #29 of 562
Congrats on the AX60, have been very curious about these, let us know what you think of them.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! HAPPY NEW IN-EAR!!! :wink_face:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back