Cypherus Audio ZoomFred/ZF Pro or Moonbuds Nightingale/Heron?
Oct 3, 2018 at 1:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

goaud27

Head-Fier
After studying head-fi for a few days I came to the conclusion that these 2 are one of the best earbuds in their respective lines and overall: ZF has top sound quality, but not sure about its cable (microphonics, portability); Moonbuds have a great cable and look gorgeous.
But I couldn't find any direct or indirect comparison. Has anyone a clue about how are they on a relative scale?

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 5
You want to look at the earbuds forum. Lots of knowledge there

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #3 of 5
You want to look at the earbuds forum. Lots of knowledge there
Yes, that is exactly what I was reading for few days. And I didn't find any comparison by the same person. Only separate review by different people, which never evaluated the same earbud to know at least their point of reference.

Oct 21, 2018 at 7:36 AM Post #4 of 5
Yes, that is exactly what I was reading for few days. And I didn't find any comparison by the same person. Only separate review by different people, which never evaluated the same earbud to know at least their point of reference.

I too am looking at one of these manufacturers, and you are right. There is no comparisons, and its realits really difficult to get any gauge on which would be better in general or for specific listening preferences. I am interested in what you choose and how it works out for you though.

Oct 23, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #5 of 5
I went with ZoomFred Pro as Herry from Cypherus Audio suggested after I told him that I want something portable and the least microphonic. Just got them yesterday, so burning them in.
Not sure if burn-in is a thing or it's mainly the brain/ears which are getting used to a new sound signature, but the first few songs they sounded like a $1 fake apple earbuds: plastic, muddy, boomy.
An hour later there was already a volume around head, all frequencies appeared. Then I turned on some symphonic orchestra and got amazed how I hear every instrument and every frequency, how full is the sound.
Today throughout the day, I start to hear more mids, electric guitars start to "jh-jh" as they should, also the instruments and singers are moving further and further away from the head - the stage is expanding. Herry suggested 300 hours of burn-in, so I am looking forward to see how they will transform in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back