Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC: A New Portable 24/192 USB/iDevice/Android DAC & Amp
Feb 16, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #151 of 186
I want share lightning micro USB adapter doesn't works with Theorem

Source : iPhone 5 s
Dac / Amp : Theorem
Iem : Earsonic SM 64 v1 , 112 ohm version

Sound quality : SM 64 v 1 very good drive with Theorem , no hiss , because the high impedance 112 ohm

Cable :
Left site :
Lightning female micro USB adapter + male micro USB to male mini USB > Theorem
The result : DOES NOT works

On the Theorem :
Lightning to lod 30 pin female adapter / CCK + lod 30 pin male to mini USB > theorem
The result : Works fine

Right site :
Lightning to mini USB cypher labs stock
Lightning to USB for M 8 / Venture Craft go dap dd1 / Fostex HP p 1/ cypher labs class solo original / R
The result : works fine

Feb 16, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #152 of 186
^ thanks a lot. That helps me save $20 on the micro usb adapter :D .

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #154 of 186
I am looking to switch from pairing iphone 5 with Theorem to a dedicated music player. This way I don't have to wear out the connector by taking it in and out 4-7 times a day, to 0 times a year.

What music players do you guys recommend? It has to be thin, compact and bluetooth compatible (I control my music from Pebble Smartwatch). Flac support is a must.

Ipod classic/video is out of the question due to thickness.

I was looking mainly at Ipod Touch 4g and 5g with the 4g being much cheaper in the 64gb variant.

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #155 of 186
  I am looking to switch from pairing iphone 5 with Theorem to a dedicated music player. This way I don't have to wear out the connector by taking it in and out 4-7 times a day, to 0 times a year.

What music players do you guys recommend? It has to be thin, compact and bluetooth compatible (I control my music from Pebble Smartwatch). Flac support is a must.

Ipod classic/video is out of the question due to thickness.

I was looking mainly at Ipod Touch 4g and 5g with the 4g being much cheaper in the 64gb variant.

There's usually 5g refurbs right in the Apple Store refurb section.  $299 for 64gb last I checked.  I'm convinced a 128gb model is not far away.  That's what I'm holding out hope for...

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #156 of 186

There's usually 5g refurbs right in the Apple Store refurb section.  $299 for 64gb last I checked.  I'm convinced a 128gb model is not far away.  That's what I'm holding out hope for...

You're right, I was just thinking of the upcoming models. Highly likely 128GB

Feb 19, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #157 of 186
Works fine with the Dell Venue 8 Pro using the included mini-B to micro-usb cable and installing the Cypher Labs ASIO driver/foobar2000. Can stream up to 24/192 on my network using this tablet, although wish I had a longer mini-B to micro-usb cable, :)

Also, with T-Mobile and my iPhone 4s, I no longer get much of an RF interference/cellular network noise issue (what I used to have a lot on AT&T) with my Sennheiser IE800. I guess I'll be switching over to T-Mobile in the near future, lol

Mar 6, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #158 of 186
I had headfi member thegrobe make a custom Lightning cable, works well. My prior post disappeared without notice, hence the repost.

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #161 of 186
Get Theorem 720, use with Beats iems. WoW.

Dude gotta upgrade those iems you know that right
happy_face1.gif

Mar 14, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #162 of 186
just received my new theorem 720 DAC and was expecting the hiss with my cheap IEMS. Was an update done as I cannot hear any hiss. I have an Iphone 4S --> Theorem 720 --> beats IEM.

Get Theorem 720, use with Beats iems. WoW.

Dude gotta upgrade those iems you know that right :happy_face1:

Congrats For Your New Tbeorem

I am agree With Amber , please uograde Your iem , With High impedance iems like

Earsonic SM 64 v2 is about 90 Ohm
Er 4 B is about 100 Ohm

You Will get less hiss With Two iems

I Think you like Beats , Your songs could Be pop music ?
Than you Dont like these Two iems

Note :
I Dont like use 75 Ohm adapter , This Adapter reduce The sound quality

IMO

Apr 4, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #163 of 186
I recently got a mid-2013 Macbook Air 13'' (128gb SSD internal w/ an add-on "MiniDrive 128gb" SD card) and being my first Mac (OS X Mavericks), I'm not too sure how to set-up bit-perfect output to my Theorem (or how to play FLAC files for that matter.)

Would I have to get an app like Audrivana to play FLAC and for bit-perfect output? Is that my only (or best) option in OS X Mavericks? Are the iTunes "plug-ins" like "Bit Perfect" and so forth worth the time purchasing and trying out? If I did try out the plug-ins for iTunes I would have to convert my FLAC to ALAC too, right?

Thanks for any advice in advance! I'm playing the files off of the "MiniDrive 128gb" SD card by the way (if that makes any difference), not the internal SSD.

Apr 15, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #164 of 186
                         I have had my theorem for about 1 month now, both of the lightning cables connecting the amp to an ipod touch 5th gen are broken( i dont think they are strong enough to handle the bents), luckily david from cypher labs was kind enough to send me a new set of cables
bigsmile_face.gif

This is my first reply so please be kind. English is not my natural language so sorry if it is hard to understand me.

smily_headphones1.gif
 Happy Listening

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #165 of 186
I bought a theorem 720 and its coiming I hope this week. I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that it works with Cyanogenmod11 without that annoying USB audio recorder pro app? I had gotten a Sony PHA-2 but I can't get it to work with android and the headphone out is just too weak.

My nexus 5 with CM11 works out of the box with my Schiit Gungnir and my cruddy nuforce DACs so I see no reason why it would not work with the Theorem but this was my same logic with the PHA-2...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back