Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer)
Oct 10, 2011 at 11:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Davienr

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Im interested in buying some custom in ear monitors and was wondering if you could offer some reccomendations.

My budget is around $700 or so.

I have been looking at the 1964-Q's and they look pretty decent, but any feedback/advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Oct 10, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #2 of 20
What do you like Nuetral, Bass Heavy, Mids? What music Genres you like? This makes it easier to determine, also many threads out there with some great reviews if you care to look. Really so many great things happening at this time in the world of Customs.

Oct 10, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #3 of 20
IMO, don't go custom first time out of the box.  Try different high quality universals, find your flavor and then go custom.

Oct 10, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #5 of 20
Sorry, my misunderstanding, I thought this was your "first time" with IEM's.   I also prefer a more neutral sound and have ER4S's which I still enjoy.  After trying numerous universals I settled on Westone UM3X's because to my ear they are quite neutral, much more so than the W3's which I also liked. Maybe search for reviews for Westone's Elite Series (customs).  The ES3X is the custom equivalent of the UM3X. the ES5 is their 5 driver, top of the line custom. I may be looking at these down the road, but I am very happy with the UM3X for now. Only one way to find out how much better the customs are, right?  Also, have you looked into custom tips for your ER4's?  This is something I am noodling with.

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #7 of 20

Quote:
Alright, after reading some reviews, I think im going to go with  the ES3X's, I have made an enquiry with the Australian dealer and hopefully should all be sorted soon.

Any last bits of advise before I purchase?

I wish I could find the link, but one of the distributors here in the US had a very good tutorial on the best methods for taking impressions.  If I find it on my office computer, I will post it here.   You might want to research this before selecting an audiologist.

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #8 of 20

Quote:
I wish I could find the link, but one of the distributors here in the US had a very good tutorial on the best methods for taking impressions.  If I find it on my office computer, I will post it here.   You might want to research this before selecting an audiologist.

Hey, can you recheck my post, I just edited it after reading some other reviews, lol.

So hard to decide -.-.-.-.-.

Im sure no matter which i go for ill be happy though, so i guess its just a matter of someone telling me what to buy :p.

Oct 11, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #9 of 20
Why not look into the UM Miracles? Those have gotten outstanding reviews, and have one of the best, if not the best, build quality for a custom IEM. I've heard terrible things about JH customer support. The JH-3A thread comes to mind... 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 11, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #12 of 20
Definietly the Miracles, great iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back