Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3
Sep 17, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #331 of 343
I have two questions for you guys which you can hopefully answer.

First of all my current setup: Sony Xperia XZ premium with shure se 215

I am looking for a set of my first custom iem's. The earphones i love the most until this date where the Phonak audeo pfe 132 which were unfortunately damaged in a tripping accident.

I am willing to spend around 350 Euros on my first pair of custom iems.

So therefore i am currently deciding between the FIBAE1 and the EI.3

From what i have read so far the EI.3 seems to have a bit more base and the FIBAE seems to be more neutral.

From my point of view i am leaning towards the EI.3 but i have some questions regarding the technical specs:

i have seen, that the EI.3 has a pretty high impedance. Is this headphone going to be loud enough with just my smartphone?

I like the concept of the FIBAE with the flat impedance thing...

So which earphone do you find the better choice for me?

2. Question: Would you rather go toward recessed 2 pin socket or mmcx?

Thanks in advance Phil
W have numbers of satisfied customers coming from SE215 to Ei.3
FIBAE1 would be closer to Audeo with less/smoother highs

Impedance of Ei.3 is not a problem as their relatively high SPL makes them quite loud.

Definitely 2-pin recessed. MMCX will wear quicker especially if you plan on detaching IEMs often.

Sep 17, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #332 of 343
Thanks for your reply piotrus

I think i have decided now to get the EI. 3 my first ciem from you.

I have made som instamold hearing protection plugs which are great, thats the main reason for me to now go up a notch witch headphones aswell.

But for now im going to search for a good audeologist in Switzerland to make some earimpressions and then i will buy some EI. 3 with carbon faceplate and gold logo ✌️

Regards philip

Sep 18, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #333 of 343
Thanks for your reply piotrus

I think i have decided now to get the EI. 3 my first ciem from you.

I have made som instamold hearing protection plugs which are great, thats the main reason for me to now go up a notch witch headphones aswell.

But for now im going to search for a good audeologist in Switzerland to make some earimpressions and then i will buy some EI. 3 with carbon faceplate and gold logo ✌️

Regards philip
Great! Always happy to help. Looking forward to your order.

Nov 11, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #334 of 343
I hadn't been using my ei.3 much over the past few months and always found myself reaching for the im02 instead. However i have started going to the gym again recently and i've found them incredibly useful in this situation. the gym i go to plays the most awful music and gyms in general are noisy places. this makes it harder to concentrate on my lifts, so i decided to start using my ei.3 for working out and they are fantastic, i hear nothing but my music and they are 100% secure no matter what i'm doing. I'm glad i have found a way to put them to good use.

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #337 of 343
Yesterday, I went to MS to try ei.3 and other iems and ended up I bought ei.3. The bass attract me first, comes the vocal next and finally the treble is smooth yet detail and clear enough.

This is my 1st ciem.
They were my first CIEMs too and you will love them! After many hours of listening to them, I am still pleased as Punch and they continue to impress me.

Dec 7, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #340 of 343
Thanks so much!

Really appreciate it! I am really glad to see the company is so responsive to reply. It makes me more confident and assurance of the buying. Thanks so much!

Dec 7, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #342 of 343
Thanks so much!

Really appreciate it! I am really glad to see the company is so responsive to reply. It makes me more confident and assurance of the buying. Thanks so much!
You have nothing to worry there, Piotr and everyone else at Custom Art offer amazing customer service!

Jan 5, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #343 of 343
Thanks and no, acrylic only
LoL

you actually created UERM...You know that

It is UERM from everywhere i see..... On net, google images, i saw your distortion and other factors compared to UERM. It is UERM with less treble

some people say, it sounds like UERM with less sparkle and easy to hear for long time

hahahahahhahhahahahahahaha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back