Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3
Apr 22, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #317 of 343
Guys sorry my bad! Looks like they do have the ei.3 in music sanctuary haha

Have you visited? Did you try the entire lineup? How's Ei.xx? :grin:

While Ei.3 excellent already, go with Ei.xx if you prefer V shaped sound. Its pure fun!! I got mine shipped for ard S$850 before GST. Not much diff vs Ei.3 if you buy via MS.

May 15, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #318 of 343
Takes some fiddling around but fit is ok once i get it right. Sound is good for the price... a bit darker sounding than i expected tho. I haven't used many iems at all so i have nothing to compare these to except my LCD2's, which i know is not a fair comparison! Satisfied over all and i'm happy with the design especially.
20170515_115641.jpg 20170515_141947.jpg

May 15, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #319 of 343
Takes some fiddling around but fit is ok once i get it right. Sound is good for the price... a bit darker sounding than i expected tho. I haven't used many iems at all so i have nothing to compare these to except my LCD2's, which i know is not a fair comparison! Satisfied over all and i'm happy with the design especially.
Hey, you got them! Very nice!

I have never heard the LCD2 (I would like to), but I can imagine the Ei.3 are a little darker. I love that the Ei.3 are so smooth and bit warmer. It works very well with jazz and blues, despite being tuned for EDM and rap. I love listening to the Rolling Stones' album Blue and Lonesome, which at times makes me feel like I am sitting in a gloomy, smoke-filled bar listening to a live performance. The Ei.3 seem to pick up that atmosphere really well. Now I can't wait to get them back again! :wink:

May 15, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #320 of 343
OK i finally figured out how to insert them properly. They almost "click" into place at the top, i wasn't aware of that and wasn't applying enough force to click them in properly. Now i know, i get a perfect seal.

May 15, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #321 of 343
So the Ei.3 are significantly cheaper than the FIBAE 1 and 2 in my country even with the preorder discount. Are they better than the music two?
Ei.3 shouldn't be cheaper than FIBAE1. But with FIBAE you pay a bit of premium for the technology - you can look at it that way - you pay a little extra for earphones, but you save a lot on finding matching DAPs.
Ei.3 is not necessarily better than Music Two, it's just different, that's why pricing of M2/Ei.3 is so close, so that you have a choice based solely on preferred sound signature. As for FIBAE 1 and 2 the single driver is at similar level to Music Two and the dual is improved over both M2 and Ei.3

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #322 of 343
OK i finally figured out how to insert them properly. They almost "click" into place at the top, i wasn't aware of that and wasn't applying enough force to click them in properly. Now i know, i get a perfect seal.
Yes, there is a point where they fill every nook and cranny of your ear perfectly and although perhaps a little weird at first, it will be very comfortable once you get used to it. It works brilliantly to retain details at low volume levels and the isolation is amazing, even here in London I was able to have my own little bubble of peace and quiet. Enjoy!

Jul 3, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #325 of 343
Just wanted to show here how the universals have turned out:
Requiem.JPG

I am very happy with the universal fit. I switched between a few of the tips and for me the ones with the green core come closest to how I remember the custom fit to have sounded. There is perhaps a slight decrease in clarity and impact of the bass, but the difference is not all that big and it is still very much the typical Ei.3 sound that I love so much.

Sep 16, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #327 of 343
I have two questions for you guys which you can hopefully answer.

First of all my current setup: Sony Xperia XZ premium with shure se 215

I am looking for a set of my first custom iem's. The earphones i love the most until this date where the Phonak audeo pfe 132 which were unfortunately damaged in a tripping accident.

I am willing to spend around 350 Euros on my first pair of custom iems.

So therefore i am currently deciding between the FIBAE1 and the EI.3

From what i have read so far the EI.3 seems to have a bit more base and the FIBAE seems to be more neutral.

From my point of view i am leaning towards the EI.3 but i have some questions regarding the technical specs:

i have seen, that the EI.3 has a pretty high impedance. Is this headphone going to be loud enough with just my smartphone?

I like the concept of the FIBAE with the flat impedance thing...

So which earphone do you find the better choice for me?

2. Question: Would you rather go toward recessed 2 pin socket or mmcx?

Thanks in advance Phil

Sep 16, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #328 of 343
Answer 2 Recessed 2 pin socket. MMCX just has too many failures for my liking.

Sep 16, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #329 of 343
Answer 2 Recessed 2 pin socket. MMCX just has too many failures for my liking.
Thanks for your fast response. I am going to use the monitors fairly often without cables as a noise protection. So i guess the 2pin is also better in this regard right? I can imagine the mmcx is going to wear out when it is often connected and disconnected.

Sep 17, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #330 of 343
Thanks for your fast response. I am going to use the monitors fairly often without cables as a noise protection. So i guess the 2pin is also better in this regard right? I can imagine the mmcx is going to wear out when it is often connected and disconnected.

Sounds like too much hassle to me for that. Why not ask Piotr to make you a nice set of silicone ear plugs to use for that instead, along with the monitors.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back