Current Outstanding canalphones/IEMs from Top End to Bottom End
Oct 5, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #46 of 75
Glad to see the Triple.fi included. I find that they can be amazingly good when I can get a good seal.

Oct 5, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #47 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by hew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad to see the Triple.fi included. I find that they can be amazingly good when I can get a good seal.

Do the "Jabada mod" to them. It'll work wonder for providing any choice of sleeves/foams to use.

Oct 5, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #48 of 75
I have not found any yet that have given me what I'm looking for, and I found the bass to far better than the highs. IMO all of them show an artificial top end performance that can't touch even moderate priced full size heapdhones...and the problem is not the performance, is that they are not priced accordignly IMO. For example I would take a Portapro which price is $50.00 max, with lifetime warranty, over any IEM I have heard till today, and that includes some of the more expensive multidrivers ones...I have a really weird feeling while listening the high freqs, just listen some hand-claps, and you will see how those differ from the reality day and night....
mad.gif

Oct 5, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #49 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not found any yet that have given me what I'm looking for, and I found the bass to far better than the highs. IMO all of them show an artificial top end performance that can't touch even moderate priced full size heapdhones...and the problem is not the performance, is that they are not priced accordignly IMO. For example I would take a Portapro which price is $50.00 max, with lifetime warranty, over any IEM I have heard till today, and that includes some of the more expensive multidrivers ones...I have a really weird feeling while listening the high freqs, just listen some hand-claps, and you will see how those differ from the reality day and night....
mad.gif

You need to update your signature. I don't see a Portapro in your signature
wink_face.gif

Oct 5, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #50 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mad.gif

Sovkiller has pretty much nailed my problem with earphones in general.

I might be looking into ESW9s soon. >.>

Oct 5, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #51 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by hew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need to update your signature. I don't see a Portapro in your signature
wink_face.gif

Your are absolutelly right, but they are listed in my profile, they have been neglected for a long time hanging here and there, as I'm not using my "on the go" system too much, to be honest, I'm a sedentary person by nature, but FYI I do have two pairs of them, and my wife has another, three in total....
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 6, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #52 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by brandnewgame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Though I'm even newer than you are, I disagree.

If someone were to make a subjective thread with the original post being updated to include other people's opinions then that would be more useful, if very complicated.

x2. this thread isnt very useful to me, no offense to the OP.

Oct 6, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #53 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe...Blasphemy or not...lol the list doesn't include RE2, ER4P, ER6i or any of those others that I didn't like too well.

This, however, is a list of popularity and common views.

Uhh.

Oct 6, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #54 of 75
So if i get it right, the list is based on the general view and popularity of the product in question, but only the ones that you like?

besides, if this list reallly is based on popularity, the absence of the ety's makes it irrevelant

Oct 6, 2008 at 8:32 AM Post #56 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually this list is just LewisLink preferred IEM. it's his personal choices, based on his music preference.

Which is useful, but only as much as everyone elses opinions..

Oct 6, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #57 of 75
Well, I just got my PL-30s and I love them already. I can't use them too much at the moment cuz I'm doing other stuff but I will post some more info on them tomorrow once I have had a good listen. First impressions are good, though, and they come with a nice little carry case and like a bajillion different tips.

Oct 6, 2008 at 10:09 AM Post #60 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by gradesm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope.. think he got it off dpmega from the bay IIRC

Yep, gradesm is right. Sorry, shoulda mentioned that, I did indeed get mine off dpmega.. I am considering getting some from focalprice as well so I'll comment on the differences (if any) if/when I get them..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back