CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Sep 27, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #931 of 1,031
Can someone enlighten me as to how the bass is like, compared to what I know? I had a pair of Sennheiser PX100s which were way too bassy for me. The HD580s are great but not enough bass for the gym (which is where I'll be using these). Bass about the level of Grado SR60 is what I'm looking for. Based on this, which would you guys recommend, the X3 or the XB?

Thanks
580smile.gif

Sep 27, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #932 of 1,031
^ Welcome to head-fi sorry about your wallet.

Just waiting for my X3's. Uncle Wilson's mailed them already. The wait is killing me!

Sep 27, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #933 of 1,031
I just got a pair of the XBs from theriverstore this week and I have a couple of questions.

1)I get a hissing/static noise when I have this plugged into my computer with no sound playing. I have a feeling this is a computer related problem, but I don't have another set of headphones to confirm. Does anyone have this issue? Many folks have described the crinkling sound-how do I know if mine is affected?

2)I am looking at getting a set of foamies or double flanges for better isolation/sound. I see from the front page that the shure or UEs will work. Which do people perfer? Which will result in better isolation-the double flanges or foamies? I would say I would need a medium/large size. Any place to get them online for cheap?

Thanks!

Sep 27, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #934 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosbuzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got a pair of the XBs from theriverstore this week and I have a couple of questions.

1)I get a hissing/static noise when I have this plugged into my computer with no sound playing, is that normal? Many folks have described the crinkling sound-how do I know if mine is affected?

2)I am looking at getting a set of foamies for better isolation/sound-which foamies will work for these? I would say I would need a medium/large size. Any place to get them online for cheap?

Thanks!

1) Are you using your onboard sound? If so then its the onboard electrical interference. Try a different source.

2) www.discountheadphones.com

Oct 4, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #935 of 1,031
They've arrived!

I'm now a certified pink purse carrying member!
icon10.gif

Man are these babies awesome. Maybe I'm just gushing because these are my first IEM's but they're just so warm. I do notice that I need to push the bass unamped but maybe that's just because they were new.
confused.gif

I can actually see my 595's going green with envy.

Oct 5, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #936 of 1,031
I'm probably going to be ordering some XBs pretty soon, but I have a few questions about them. Firstly, what colours are available? I've seen a lot of them with the blue and red "bits" where the wire attaches to them and I don't really like it. Is it possible to get something other than the red and blue "bits"; for example, I've seen photographs of the XBs and both "bits" were just black. Also, what colour rings are available on which colour XBs?

One more thing, what tips can Wilson bundle with these earphones, just the normal tips and UE biflanges or are there more available from him?

Thank you.

Oct 6, 2007 at 9:34 AM Post #937 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mansize_tissue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm probably going to be ordering some XBs pretty soon, but I have a few questions about them. Firstly, what colours are available? I've seen a lot of them with the blue and red "bits" where the wire attaches to them and I don't really like it. Is it possible to get something other than the red and blue "bits"; for example, I've seen photographs of the XBs and both "bits" were just black. Also, what colour rings are available on which colour XBs?

One more thing, what tips can Wilson bundle with these earphones, just the normal tips and UE biflanges or are there more available from him?

Thank you.

I think there're 2 choices of colors for the XB. Check out this picture.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...postcount=1100

Oct 6, 2007 at 9:41 AM Post #938 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidfireboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think there're 2 choices of colors for the XB. Check out this picture.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...postcount=1100

I emailed Wilson about this, and he said:

Quote:

We have White, Black with red and blue rings, Black with gunmetal rings.

So I guess I can get black, with either blue, red or gunmetal rings; or white, with either blue or red rings. Does anybody know what colour the strain reliefs (?) will be on either of these, though? I want to get whatever colour XBs which don't have the blue and red strain reliefs (or "bits", as per my previous post
biggrin.gif
).

Oct 6, 2007 at 9:58 AM Post #940 of 1,031
Here are my White/Silver XB with UE Double flange
biggrin.gif
looks pretty handsome i think
wink.gif

bought them a few weeks ago from jaben

xbqv4.jpg

Oct 6, 2007 at 11:25 AM Post #941 of 1,031
Wow, very nice nismohks! I think I'll probably go with those ones, unless I can get black ones without the red and blue "bits" where the wire attaches.

Oct 7, 2007 at 8:59 AM Post #942 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by nismohks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here are my White/Silver XB with UE Double flange
biggrin.gif
looks pretty handsome i think
wink.gif

bought them a few weeks ago from jaben

xbqv4.jpg

Gotta tell you. These look awesome!
etysmile.gif

Oct 7, 2007 at 9:03 AM Post #943 of 1,031
I can't help but think, if I get a pair of XBs, they'll stick out from my ears a little too much. I mean, they look pretty long with biflanges (which is probably what I'll use) and the bit where the wire attaches. Does anyone have a photograph of someone wearing a pair? I'd quite like to see just how much they stick out.

Oct 8, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #944 of 1,031
Just ordered mine with UE tips and in a bundle with Audio Technica ATH-CK5 because they seemed alright for only $10 more

Cant wait for them to arrive
smily_headphones1.gif

Is there anypoint in burning them in? (Still dont fully understand don't earphones need a specific driver to be burnt in or something?) Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back