CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Sep 13, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #908 of 1,031
I recently got the X3, and I can say that it's a great sounding IEM. However, I can understand the sentiments that its bass is too anemic. Out of the iPod, I found that the bass did indeed seem to be a bit lacking. Then, I tried hooking the X3 up to my Pimeta, and whoa, there was the long lost bass! It wasn't boomy, but it was definitely present and impactful. Of course, this compromises the ultraportable nature of the IEM. I definitely won't be bringing that PIMETA around wherever I go. Perhaps it's time to dig up the good ol' cmoy. Once again, I think the X3 sounds really amazing, but you gotta use an amp to bring that low end up to par. This makes me really tempted to try ordering the XB for my exercising setup - which I want to consist of just an ipod nano and IEMs.

Sep 13, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #909 of 1,031
heyyy...i from chile..in south america...and want buy the mylar..but i dont know if jaben ship the mylar phones to south america. Somebody know ?

and i have another question. i like alot the bass and alot treble. Now have the v-moda bass freq...nice bass...but treble =0.

between x3 or xb..wich is better for me (alot bass and treble) ??? (even...the treble is more important to me...love hear the cymbals of the drumms xD)

thanks...and sorry for bad english.

Sep 16, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #911 of 1,031
I have the X3 and they are nice, but the bass is too weak for my liking so i'm thinking of getting the XB

How do the XB's bass compare to the sennheiser cx300?
Am i naive in thinking the XB has the X3's great upper range quality, but more bass?
Also, I heard some good things about the Atrios M5 - where can i buy them?

Thanks in advance

Sep 16, 2007 at 7:55 AM Post #912 of 1,031
I have the cx300 and i think the bass is very poor. The earphones that came with my zen had more.

Has any1 done a deal with jaben eg X3 and XB for $67?

Also i am from britain and what amount shall i paypal him if i choose to buy them??

Sep 16, 2007 at 8:01 AM Post #913 of 1,031
Another proud X3 owner here. Just got them through an associate of Uncle Wilson in Bangkok. Mine's got black elbows, with thin red and blue bands. Breaking them in right now with pink noise, running 24 hours a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back