Creative Super X-Fi headphone holography
Sep 27, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #977 of 1,001
x7007,

Interesting response from Creative team. Whatever changes they made between gen2 and gen3 is where your issue is. You do still have access to gen2 profile, right? So, you can still use it for gaming? I'm curious what gen2 profiles sound like compared to gen3. Wonder if Creative could make gen2 mapping option selectable when we do head mapping. That way newer owners like me could experience gen2. And we could decide which gen we use for our head profiles.

Sep 27, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #978 of 1,001
x7007,

Interesting response from Creative team. Whatever changes they made between gen2 and gen3 is where your issue is. You do still have access to gen2 profile, right? So, you can still use it for gaming? I'm curious what gen2 profiles sound like compared to gen3. Wonder if Creative could make gen2 mapping option selectable when we do head mapping. That way newer owners like me could experience gen2. And we could decide which gen we use for our head profiles.
yes I have access. if there is an issue then they suppose to fix it. the problem is I am the only one exist to report it and no one else, so fixing might take longer, hopefully I am only taking care for myself now because no one even cares.

Sep 27, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #979 of 1,001
IF Creative decided to implement the changes I suggest, above. That would solve your problem, right? So, you could make future gen2 profiles if you wanted? And other SXFI/X1 etc. owners would benefit also... Not sure that Creative would do it. I'm guessing they do read these forums still??

Sep 27, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #980 of 1,001
IF Creative decided to implement the changes I suggest, above. That would solve your problem, right? So, you could make future gen2 profiles if you wanted? And other SXFI/X1 etc. owners would benefit also... Not sure that Creative would do it. I'm guessing they do read these forums still??
they don't read, that's why I asked people to report them the issue like the headphones selection didn't make changes to the sound with the newest control panel, and again, no one reported that. I reported the issue. I don't think they will be able to add Gen selection because it would confuse other people. first they fix the Gen3 then we see, because they might release Gen 4 eventually.

Oct 8, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #982 of 1,001
I don't know what happened to them, but they didn't reply back more than 10 days without saying anything.. the worst support ever. Asrock for motherboard answers faster and fixes the problem eventually. we already know creative.........

Oct 11, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #983 of 1,001
They didn't find any issue with the GEN3 with their tests

1. Fixing the GEN3

I have looked into your profiles, with your permission granted earlier, and did not find anything unusual about it.

I have tried Forza Horizon 4 and Forza Horizon 5 with both your Gen3 and Gen2 profiles with a gaming rig and an office notebook.

• Tire screeching (drift, e-brake, donuts, burnouts) = Sounds correct and realistic in both Games
  • Left/Right car passing = Positioning is accurate and can hear and tell the cars are overtaking me from left or right. When I overtakes them, I can hear clearing which side am I overtaking taking them from. When I stop at an intersection, I can hear cars clearing travelling from left to right or right to left.
I have also watch Tokyo Drift, Fast and Furious 7, 8 and 9 hoping to reliably find the issue but was not successful too.

All in all, Gen3 definitely sounded better, if not equal to Gen2.

I would really appreciate if you can send me the actual game audio recording and/or let me know which scenes / map on FH4 or FH5 can reproduce the issue easily. Without experiencing / hearing the issue ourselves first hand, its quite difficult for us to address the issue.

3. Fixing the SXFI Control panel Headphones changing/Brand/model so it will really change the sound

I have spoke the the SXFI Control development team. They have advised me to inform you that you should uninstall the latest version completely, download and install the older version (3.48.1.0) here: https://support.creative.com/Produc...fiers&prodID=23272&prodName=Creative+SXFI+AMP

and DO NOT perform any further software updates when prompted.

To switch between your profiles and/or headphones, you can perform these with SXFI App (Windows). This app can be downloaded from Microsoft's Store.

Although we are unable to reproduce the Gen3 non conformity that you have reported, we are no closing the case as we am still trying to reproduce it. Should we need your help to verify the issue, I hope you can still continue to render assistance to us.

I noticed there is SXFI APP from the windows store, you need to be on USA or Singapore Region in the windows store to get it

Why do I need the SXFI APP?​

Is installing the SXFI APP necessary to start using the AMP?
Team Super X-Fi avatar

Written by Team Super X-Fi
Updated over a week ago
You need the SXFI APP to setup your profile for Super X-Fi devices. You will have to create an account with your email address on the SXFI APP, then proceed to map your head and both ears to create your personalized Super X-Fi profile.

You will be able to create multiple Super X-Fi profiles within the SXFI APP, and select your headphones accordingly as well. The SXFI APP is required when setting up your Super X-Fi devices as it will program the device with your unique listening profile and headphone choice.

Please note that the SXFI APP is required for the operation of all SXFI products and is currently only available in the following countries: Singapore, United States. Availability of product support services for SXFI products is also limited to the country which the SXFI product was purchased.

1665534768809.png

Nov 19, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #984 of 1,001
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've dabbled in X-Fi. I was interested when it first came out.

Now I'm looking to bolster my sound card capabilities (I'm using the mainboard right now), and I have a few questions. I've noticed that the GC7 seems to be fully featured and it's also discounted now. Does anyone here have any experience with it?

I'm also seeking a bit of clarification on how sound processing works in my current speaker setup. I have my PC connected to my TV via the GPU's HDMI, and the TV itself is then connected to my soundbar via HDMI eARC. The sound still originates from my PC's lousy mainboard, though. Is that correct?

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #985 of 1,001
Any news regarding Super X-FI? Do you think it is forgotten by Creative? I use it this in top of Dolby Atmos, with stand alone I don't like very much, but with a pre processed 3d audio, it just enhances the surround effect which is great.

Feb 11, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #986 of 1,001
Using two virtualization solutions on top of each other is a strange choice and almost never worked well. Maybe your SXFi it's not configured properly or you need to work on your profile. When it is, it's certainly better than the Windows version of Atmos.

And no, it's not forgotten by Creative, there's quite a few products on offer that support it.

Feb 11, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #987 of 1,001
When on stand alone Super X-FI, some games, all the details just get missing, and volume goes substantially lower, I can barely ear it, other games the sound is just good, for instance all Ubisoft games, the volume just goes down, can't ear all subtle background details.

Feb 11, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #988 of 1,001
That doesn't sound right. Don't remember any issues with SXFi on Ubisoft games on X3, X4 or GC7. Don't remember any issues on any games, tbh.

Any specific game examples? And on what SXFi device?

Feb 15, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #989 of 1,001
Casef, I'm using a GC7 DAC, when I turn on SXFI, all in the sudden, all background details are missing like for instance, wind, birds, etc, it just lower sound quite a bit, and if I turn on SBX surround effects, the volume goes up, it makes no sense. Does anyone here has good photos for headmap so I can use them myself?

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #990 of 1,001
Can the SXFI Theater phones be connected to a Sony Bravia TV using the wifi connectable or using eArc to USB-C?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back