Creative Super X-Fi headphone holography
Sep 20, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #964 of 1,001
I'm happy with the sound of mine. But I just got it. Don't have any experience with Gen2 vs Gen3. Haven't used it with Gaming, yet. With Music it is great! :L3000:

I like that Creative is always trying to improve their products. Yet how cool would it be if we could select which Gen profiles we want to use? If enough people complain about this Gen then probably it will get fixed in Gen4?

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #965 of 1,001
im still on SXFI AMP, didn't realise they renamed it to X1, but cannot see any profiles, i just scan QR code, login, it automatically downloads some settings i left in database, and everything seems fine in games and music

Sep 21, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #966 of 1,001
It seems the SXFI Amp is the same as the X1. The X1 has newer firmware and a sticker. Yes, when I use the original Windows SXFI Command software, it auto downloads my latest head profile. If I update to newest software or try to use the same Mac OS software, I can't get it to load/save any headphones from the list...???

Sep 23, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #967 of 1,001
They gave me the email of SXFI Tech support team, they want me to give them my login information so they can check the profile. Why no one is doing anything in this thread, no one care?? 64 pages of people using this device and no one are doing anything it seems

Team from Super X-Fi <team@sxfi.com>

It seems the SXFI Amp is the same as the X1. The X1 has newer firmware and a sticker. Yes, when I use the original Windows SXFI Command software, it auto downloads my latest head profile. If I update to newest software or try to use the same Mac OS software, I can't get it to load/save any headphones from the list...???
Use the SXFI Control panel from the download page and don't update it and give it 10 sec or something

1663973745550.png

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #968 of 1,001
Hi, I wish I was around with one of these earlier and could compare how different profiles work with gaming. I made 2 profiles, both show as gen3. One sounds pretty awesome with music. I did uninstall the software and install the old one so that I could again select the proper headphones. Maybe they will fix the issues you have noticed with gen3 profiles in gen4? Let us know what you find.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2022 at 5:13 AM Post #969 of 1,001
Hi, I wish I was around with one of these earlier and could compare how different profiles work with gaming. I made 2 profiles, both show as gen3. One sounds pretty awesome with music. I did uninstall the software and install the old one so that I could again select the proper headphones. Maybe they will fix the issues you have noticed with gen3 profiles in gen4? Let us know what you find.
Did you test in games?? Music is kind of fine because they are 2 CHANNELS, the biggest issue is when you try the 7.1 Channels! Please test it ASAP and send them email asap!

I sent them my Account details so they can log on and check the profile for themselves.

Sep 25, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #970 of 1,001
A large portion of my music collection is in 5.1. I did listen to some stereo files and they sounded pretty great too though. If Gen2 sounds better than gen3 for majority of people for gaming and music, I'd hope Creative will take that into account for Gen4 profiles. All I have to compare the Gen3 profile to is my SB E5. I will do that for gaming and see how they compare. I never did have a chance to listen to Gen2 profiles. :slight_frown:

Sep 25, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #971 of 1,001
A large portion of my music collection is in 5.1. I did listen to some stereo files and they sounded pretty great too though. If Gen2 sounds better than gen3 for majority of people for gaming and music, I'd hope Creative will take that into account for Gen4 profiles. All I have to compare the Gen3 profile to is my SB E5. I will do that for gaming and see how they compare. I never did have a chance to listen to Gen2 profiles. :slight_frown:
First it could be something with headphones needs better support for it with the new gen, the profile changed too many things that it causes it to be echo. many complained about the 1st Gen which had a lot of echo and was fixed with gen2 and firmware updates. so it could be to support gen2 we need firmware update, second it could be specific headphones has problem or there is a serious bug. and again why haven't you tried a game all this time to hear how bad it is? like I said music hasn't changed much compared to movies and gaming. try gaming and then you'll see how bad it is. dts headphones X sound much better than gen3.
gen2 dts headphones x is almost the same on non supported Dolby atmos games.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #973 of 1,001
It would be cool if they could give us selectable Gen1, Gen2, Gen3, ....GenX versions of our head profiles. Maybe in a future Software update.
We really don't need GEN1, because it has a serious echo issue even with the firmware update. I think GEN3 has an issue with its profiling or the device actually needs a firmware update again, one of these.

This is what I sent them and others more but this sum it up.

So there are 3 things.

1. Fixing the GEN3
2. Backup options so I can restore my GEN2 if needed, I will never delete my account so that's not the case.
3. Fixing the SXFI Control panel Headphones changing/Brand/model so it will really change the sound

This is what they replied, I hope they will fix this

Thank you for your prompt reply.
My team will focus on issue 1 and issue 2. (Rest assure that we will preserve all your GEN2 profiles).

I will feedback issue 3 to another team (who will not be able to access your profiles) and get them to reproduce the bug and have it fixed.

Rest assure that I will update and share with you the outcome of our investigation before rolling out a fix.

Thank you and best regards.

Peter Khor

Team from Super X-Fi

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #974 of 1,001
I re-installed the original version of the SXFI Control software so that I could select and save the headphone profile I wanted to use. I guess they need to fix this for their updated software version so everyone can then update their Control software. The Mac OS software also doesn't change/save headphone profiles to the device.

Sep 26, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #975 of 1,001
I re-installed the original version of the SXFI Control software so that I could select and save the headphone profile I wanted to use. I guess they need to fix this for their updated software version so everyone can then update their Control software. The Mac OS software also doesn't change/save headphone profiles to the device.
everyone wants to have things fixed but no one bothers to report. I wonder how this works.

We do not see any obvious issue with the account setup at the moment.

In order to further diagnose the reported issue, we would like to focus on a specific case which is most obvious to you. It would be best if you can kindly provide the following information for the most obvious case:

PC System

A) Windows11, Revision = Build 22621.521

B) Windows Sound Setting was set to Stereo or 5.1 or 7.1? 7.1

C) Would like to confirm, all other Window sound enhancements are turned OFF such as Spatial Sound? - YES

SXFI Products

D) SXFI AMP, Firmware Version = 2.1.8 - YES

E) Any other SXFI Hardware connected to the same system at the same time? - NO

F) Headphone: Sennheiser HD800s - YES

G) Did you encounter the issue with other headphones that you owned? – I have the Beyerdynamic DT990 600 but I didn't test it because everything else works fine with GEN2 and Spatial sounds like DTS X and Dolby Atmos.

H) Your preferred GEN2 profile = September 20th, 2012? - YES

I) Any other Creative Software installed on your system besides SXFI Control and SXFI App Content? - NO

J) Content worst affected = Forza Horizon 3 – Pretty much all games, but in racing games I can clearly hear the sliding/drifting of the wheels like a high screeching sound like you write on a chalkboard, kind of like this, just imagine wheels on a chalkboard

Screech from a chalk board - YouTube

Content

K) Is the Sound Setting within the game set to headphones or Speakers? – The game does not have an option for that, it auto-detects.

L) Can you take a screenshot of the Sound Settings within the game?

We are unable to get our hands on Forza Horizon 3 from Microsoft store as it was decommissioned 2 years ago. We would like to know did the issue you encountered occurred in other Games. – YES, you can just try Forza Horizon 4 and 5 or just about any other game, racing games it's clearly audible because the wheels don't sound correct and really annoying, and passing cars are not even audible when you are passing them from the left or right, it's like you drive 20 mph instead 280 mph.

We are unable to get our hands on Fonza Horizon 3 from Microsoft store as it was decommissioned 2 years ago. We would like know did the issue you encountered occurred on other Games?

Please accept my apology for such a long email, and asking so many questions.
We are now in the midst of setting up an environment to best mimic your conditions to run more test to debug it.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you and best regards,

Peter Khor

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back