Creative SoundBlasterX AE-9
May 11, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #107 of 154
Hi there. I'm quite a noob in all that audio stuff, so sorry in advance for my silly by local standarts questions. Being interested in buying AE-9, first of all I'm curious about one thing... For example, I'm planning to use it with that external module with headphones connected to it. And it makes a question, is this module connected with those replaceable op-amps, or - op-amps are connected only with rear audio outputs on sound card? Because, I'm afraid, that if I'll decide to replace all those op-amps with some more expensive ones - I'll hear the same sound in my headphones, because op-amps suddenly doesn't affect the sound in external module.
Also, curious about all this Dolby stuff in a sound card. Dolby can be used only with optically connected audio receiver? Or, I can also use some kind of DTS Headphone:X, or any other Dolby stuff in my headphones through the external module?

May 12, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #109 of 154
It needs one pair of duals and one pair of singles. You should also get the extension cables, you can squeeze them in without the cables like I had to but running the two duals off the extension cables will make it way more secure.

May 13, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #110 of 154
May 14, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #112 of 154
Jan 14, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #113 of 154
For a desktop PC - any real difference between the X7 or the AE-9 in terms of sound quality? And how do they compare in terms of surround sound ability and accuracy?

I'm also planning to swap out the opamps - heard alot of good things about Sparkos opamps, how do they compare with the Burson V6 Vivids?

Jul 8, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #114 of 154
After a few years of use, I think I need to swap OP AMPS for this card, the included ones are way way way to warm, specially with my Sennheiser HD650 so which OP AMPS do you recommend me for making this card brighter?

Jul 8, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #115 of 154
After a few years of use, I think I need to swap OP AMPS for this card, the included ones are way way way to warm, specially with my Sennheiser HD650 so which OP AMPS do you recommend me for making this card brighter?

I use the Sparkos Op Amps, and they work beautifully with the AE-9. Very transparent and improved the sound quality in my opinion.

Jul 9, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #119 of 154
Thanks,

Wow the SS3602 costs $80 each ($160) and the SS3601 costs $40 each ($80) so that will be $240 total.

In other words the price of the card itself :weary:

Another question, can I use low impedance high current amps on high switch (which is supposed to be for headphones above 150 ohms)

Jul 9, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #120 of 154
I haven't compared them to Bursons either, but Andrew at Sparkos is great to deal with. When I ordered mine, he gave me a deal on ordering the whole package. Might want to reach out and see if there is a discount for getting both duals and singles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back