Create a Collector's Audio System! FiiO Flagship Desktop DAC and Amplifier, the K9 Pro, Is Available.
Sep 29, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #16 of 29
They are dedicated AMPs, this is a DAC/AMP. Do you how many DAC/AMPs out there as powerful as this one? Zero at this price as far as I know.

The power output @300 ohm on balanced is 1.1W that's very powerful.
Liquid Gold X is a DAC amp, Yulong Aquila II is a combo with about 4000mw $700-ish. Not hating, but power hungry headphones may have to look elsewhere.
Being a THX one would have assumed they would have tried for the proposed numbers of about 6w, but I heard they ran into heat issues.

I will admit it looks beautiful!

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #18 of 29
Liquid Gold X is a DAC amp, Yulong Aquila II is a combo with about 4000mw $700-ish. Not hating, but power hungry headphones may have to look elsewhere.
Being a THX one would have assumed they would have tried for the proposed numbers of about 6w, but I heard they ran into heat issues.

I will admit it looks beautiful!
@300ohms K9 Pro has better output than both.
Anyhow let's wait for the reviews, implementation and how it sounds in reality are most important things than the specs.

Sep 30, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #19 of 29
If I didn't already have the iFi Neo and Jot2 as my main setup I think I'd pick one up, it looks like a nice piece of equipment.

Sep 30, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #20 of 29
Looks fantastic! Definitely wait for reviews at that price though

Sep 30, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #22 of 29
interesting how this compare to topping E50+L50 stack....

Sep 30, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #23 of 29
As long as there are no technical errors or short-cuts in implementation this should be more than capable of total transparency. That is plenty of power, I can't imagine people listening at volume levels that this can't reach (for most headphones). Headphones are being designed to be easier to drive far more often than they aren't with some notable exceptions here and there. Like others I look forward to some reviews and impressions once this gets out into the wild. Definitely a nice looking unit.

Sep 30, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #24 of 29
This looks interesting!! But then again Price is way out of my league at least for now.

Oct 1, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #25 of 29
Yes, here comes your expecting desktop DAC/Amp- that is FiiO's Flagship Desktop DAC and Amplifier, the K9 Pro!Positioned as a flagship, the K9 Pro seeks the best in configurations and features to spare no effort to acquire the sound quality you like.
A couple of suggestions for refining the description: THX amplifier circuits are not a "chip". Also, on the web page for the K9 Pro, it says "Lossless MQA Decoding". MQA is not lossless, so you should remove that word. :)

Oct 2, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #26 of 29
I'm bored of volume knobs. I want a slider or something :\
If the manufacturer to were offer it with a high-end (greased-ball-bearing-smooth), non-scritchy-scratchy slider, it could attract tactile-feedback-lovers like me. I found the collector's edition AKM component {edited} an unusual selling point. {{re-edited}}...

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #27 of 29
It’s a very nice unit, compared to the like of monolith and/or drop thx headphone amps, price might feel high however It’s reasonable considering the tech found in this unit. I would have no qualm purchasing it, specifically since their price is quite reasonable. It would make a very good desktop amp.

Oct 15, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #29 of 29
Just ordered one. Will compare it to my Burson Conductor Reference 3.

The Burson sounds more like a tube amp than the K9 Pro. Maybe due to higher crosstalk?
As a result, the Burson has a more enveloping soundstage.
The K9 Pro however sounds very exact like the ADI-2 DAC does and makes a good alternative to it if you don't need the additional features of the ADI-2 DAC or want more power.

FiiO Pros:
1. Looks nicer to me
2. More powerful than the Burson
3. Much cheaper
4. Balanced
5. Measures better

FiiO Cons:
1. Poor retention of optical cable
2. USB cuts out briefly when loading some websites (hasn't done it since updating to the beta driver)
3. Can't do 192 kHz over optical

Burson Conductor Reference 3 Pros:
1. Interesting tube-like sound and holographic soundstage
2. Has remote
3. Can stand vertically

Burson Conductor Reference 3 Cons:
1. Incompetent implementation of volume rotary encoder that makes it frustrating to use and engineering laziness "we designed it not to work properly"
2. Noise floor audible with sensitive ear/headphones.
3. Weird blinking bitrate icon with nonsensical explanation from Burson.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back