Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Mar 4, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #4,039 of 12,347
  Nic my tube purchasing funds are a little low after a winning a pair of GEC curved brown bases yesterday! So the field is all yours. PM me if you win and I would be interested if you have one going spare.

Good luck! 

This must be the UK version of ebay, then?

I wonder if I can manage to sneak over there and bid on something...

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #4,040 of 12,347
When searching on ebay in the uk

A standard ebay search in the UK will give results for UK and also matches from sellers in other countries who pay extra to have International listings.

search's can also be filtered to 

UK only, Europe, Worldwide.

I expect other countries have something similar. By the way I can log into USA ebay.com with my ebay.uk details.

Generally the extra shipping + import and handling fees from the US don't make it attractive especially if ordering from a retail supplier but there are exceptions.

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #4,041 of 12,347
The Bottlehead forum is down again they have not had any luck restoring all the pictures which became corrupted. It must be very frustrating. 

I find the new product page a is a nice improvement it looks very slick and polished with a good balance of info and specs about each product.  

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #4,042 of 12,347
^^ It's not easy to make that kind of wholesale change but I'm sure that Doc and the boys will sort it out. I love their new look. 

It would be wonderful if headfi would adopt a similar color scheme. As much time as I spend on HF, I'd certainly appreciate the relaxing look. 

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #4,043 of 12,347
  are we gong to compete on those four GECs :) ?

Nic my tube purchasing funds are a little low after a winning a pair of GEC curved brown bases yesterday! So the field is all yours. PM me if you win and I would be interested if you have one going spare.

Good luck! 

I'd be interested too
smile.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #4,045 of 12,347
  Hey guys !

I'll buy Crack to use with my ODAC> HD 600, and I was wondering if the speedball make much difference?

Yes, it makes a big difference. Maybe the biggest difference of all upgrades. It should be considered at the very top of the list if you want to improve the quality of the amp.

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #4,046 of 12,347

Yes, it makes a big difference. Maybe the biggest difference of all upgrades. It should be considered at the very top of the list if you want to improve the quality of the amp.

matt thanks for the reply ... I'm afraid to import a crack, the box is too big and I have to pay a lot of taxes here in Brazil
frown.gif

with speedball will be even more expensive, I'll have to think yet ...

Thanks
wink.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #4,047 of 12,347
  When searching on ebay in the uk

A standard ebay search in the UK will give results for UK and also matches from sellers in other countries who pay extra to have International listings.

search's can also be filtered to 

UK only, Europe, Worldwide.

I expect other countries have something similar. By the way I can log into USA ebay.com with my ebay.uk details.

Generally the extra shipping + import and handling fees from the US don't make it attractive especially if ordering from a retail supplier but there are exceptions.

Just note you wont see all items for sale, only items that have a postage price populated specifically for your location.  For example you can login to ebay.com and find items listed with "worldwide" shipping, yet those items wont show up through ebay.co.uk.   Same is also true for European variants, ebay.de, .fr, .it, .es, .be, .ch etc.  You can find some real gems on those sites with a little time searching.   ....probably should have kept that one to myself.

Mar 4, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #4,048 of 12,347
  The Bottlehead forum is down again they have not had any luck restoring all the pictures which became corrupted. It must be very frustrating. 

It's driving me nuts.  I've tried intermittently over the last several days to browse the gallery without much luck.  I am really interested in alternate cases.  I want to start one of their DIY kits - but in something that will match the my other gear.

Mar 4, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #4,049 of 12,347

It's driving me nuts.  I've tried intermittently over the last several days to browse the gallery without much luck.  I am really interested in alternate cases.  I want to start one of their DIY kits - but in something that will match the my other gear.

Well I am not sure what you have but you can stain the wood the color that you want and you can also paint the top plate and bell the color that you want as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back