Cowon Plenue D
May 31, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #2,851 of 4,949
  I got the brown case today and have finally started hauling my Plenue D around.  I was too paranoid to lug it around so I was using the Fiio X1.  I absolutely love the form factor.  It's so small fits great in my pockets.  I was using the Sendiy M2's with it but it just didn't sound right so I went with the Monk +'s and they sound lovely paired up.

As for the leather case.  I can't say I'm impressed with it.  Although fit was top notch, the quality seems a little sub par, especially since I paid $34 for it and had to wait a bit for it to ship from Korea.  Anyway, it achieves the result of protecting the Plenue D.

What is "sub par" about the case? It's very well made, I don't see anything REALLY wrong about the quality being crafted out of high grade leather that will last for years, is more durable than most plastics or rubber or silicone thinly cheaply made cases. I don't really agree. It's a match made perfectly and a well designed case that will protect the PD very well.

Jun 1, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #2,852 of 4,949
  I got the brown case today and have finally started hauling my Plenue D around.  I was too paranoid to lug it around so I was using the Fiio X1.  I absolutely love the form factor.  It's so small fits great in my pockets.  I was using the Sendiy M2's with it but it just didn't sound right so I went with the Monk +'s and they sound lovely paired up.

As for the leather case.  I can't say I'm impressed with it.  Although fit was top notch, the quality seems a little sub par, especially since I paid $34 for it and had to wait a bit for it to ship from Korea.  Anyway, it achieves the result of protecting the Plenue D.

That brown on that case combined with PD looks beautiful.

Jun 1, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #2,853 of 4,949
What is "sub par" about the case? It's very well made, I don't see anything REALLY wrong about the quality being crafted out of high grade leather that will last for years, is more durable than most plastics or rubber or silicone thinly cheaply made cases. I don't really agree. It's a match made perfectly and a well designed case that will protect the PD very well.

The glue at the seams are starting to separate. It started doing this when I took it out of the box.

Jun 2, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #2,859 of 4,949
I just got my PD last night and spent the time loading it with music. Listened for a very short time. Very nice. I can see a lot of fiddling with the BBE settings. Some were really good. So, from the short time it has been in my hands, I am really liking this little wonder. Will post some more once I get into it.

I read through most of the posts here and could not find and answer. If I have the playback on just songs, will it combine the internal memory and SD card together? I would hate to to have to constantly switch from one to other other while I walk...

Jun 2, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #2,860 of 4,949
I read through most of the posts here and could not find and answer. If I have the playback on just songs, will it combine the internal memory and SD card together? I would hate to to have to constantly switch from one to other other while I walk...

Yup, on mine it plays from sd and onboard memory if I set it to play all.

Jun 2, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #2,861 of 4,949
thanks for that note...

Jun 2, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #2,862 of 4,949

Thanks, my portable setup seems to be complete for now. (Hopefully) 

wink_face.gif
for now
tongue.gif

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #2,863 of 4,949

I am guessing from your username that you speak Korean. In the off chance you don't, do you know if there is an English version of the documentation on this page?

http://board.cowon.com/zeroboard/zboard.php?id=UCI_PL&&no=10

I have developed using API's that aren't documented in the past, but it's a pain (and I was getting paid a lot of money to do it) so if I could get some documentation, that would be swell. :) 

Jun 2, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #2,864 of 4,949

I am guessing from your username that you speak Korean. In the off chance you don't, do you know if there is an English version of the documentation on this page?

http://board.cowon.com/zeroboard/zboard.php?id=UCI_PL&&no=10

I have developed using API's that aren't documented in the past, but it's a pain (and I was getting paid a lot of money to do it) so if I could get some documentation, that would be swell. :) 

Use Google Chrome and translate the page. But the DOC's have to be translated with an online translator.

Jun 2, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #2,865 of 4,949
  Use Google Chrome and translate the page. But the DOC's have to be translated with an online translator.

The command reference guide is a 169 page PDF. The Google translated version isn't the worst thing ever, but it's not great. The function names are in English, which helps. Could be fun to build a UI, we'll see. I am a little surprised (and horrified) that it's built in flash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back