Country Music
May 25, 2006 at 3:35 PM Post #16 of 408
Quote:

Originally Posted by ComfyCan
I love female vocals, and some of the best are in modern country music. (BTW, I cannot stand old, traditional country music).

Martina McBride and Sarah Evans are 2 favorites. Martina is very good live also. I brought my daughter to see her when she was about 12, and she handed Martina a note (we were front/center). She sent her a personal reply by mail. It could have been written by an assistant or something, but it seemed genuine and certainly made my daughter's day.

Shania was also a very good live performer.

Yes but all these women are so homely and hard to look at.
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 25, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #17 of 408
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
I was channel surfing and saw Trace Adkins performing "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk (sp?)" on some country music awards show. That might be the funniest song I've ever heard in my life.

If you thought that was funny, listen to Toby Keith's "Runnin' Block" on his new album "White Trash With Money".

May 25, 2006 at 3:41 PM Post #18 of 408
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
Just saw Brad Paisley and Sara Evans in concert a few weeks back and Alison Krauss a few weeks before that. Good stuff, I had no idea what a fantastic guitar player Brad is!

Oh yeah man, I'd put Brad against some of the best with confidence! He can really tear it up! Fast and accurate... deadly!

May 25, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #19 of 408
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Oh yeah man, I'd put Brad against some of the best with confidence! He can really tear it up! Fast and accurate... deadly!

He's a big Dire Straits fan, which tells me a lot!

May 25, 2006 at 4:02 PM Post #20 of 408
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
Yes but all these women are so homely and hard to look at.
very_evil_smiley.gif

In order to maintain some shred of credibility, you will notice that I did not include Faith Hill, the ultimate country hotty.

Obviously, it didn't work
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back