Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Apr 23, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #4,727 of 5,310
CE6Ps arrive tomorrow, it's going to be a long 24hrs...

11116961_829559070457232_1105142128_n.jpg

(photo taken from cosmic ears instagram feed prior to shipment)

Apr 24, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #4,729 of 5,310
I plan on using these all hours of the day, plus I travel a lot at all hours of the day, plus I just figured I wanted something a little bit different.
When I have them in my possession later on today I will try and take some photos to show what they look like in low light & proper darkness.

Apr 25, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #4,731 of 5,310
Oh gosh the temptation not to buy the CE6B with money I don't have is getting harder and harder to resist!

Apr 26, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #4,734 of 5,310
The problem is I do need a pair of CIEMs but the only way I'm affording the CE6B now is by selling a bunch of my gears first 
redface.gif

Apr 27, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #4,736 of 5,310
Hi everyone, treat me gently as this is my first time. :)

Has anyone had chance to compare the CE6B to the CE5B as yet? I'm currently in negotiations to get some iem's produced and was wondering if there is a noticable difference between the 5 and 6 driver version or if I could keep £50 in my wallet and still be very happy.

How are the 5's configured 2 bass - 2 mid - 1 treble, or what combination/?

This is purely for listening to music through an iBasso DX90 so no professional requirements.

Any opinions are appreciated as I think I've bothered Phil from Comsic Ears enough already.

Apr 29, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #4,738 of 5,310
My CE6P has finally arrived. Instant thoughts:
Clear and transparent. The midrange is like pure, clean, spring water. Bass is just about perfect for my preferences. Less than the JH13 but a little more than the UERM. Treble is laid back and smooth but still nicely detailed. Very pleased with the tuning!

Sorry for quoting an old post form January this year. But it was the only comparison I could find between the CE6P and UERM in this thread.

Does anyone have more impressions between the UERM and CE6P? I found the UERM to sound amazing at tan event last year. It did fit my taste just perfectly and the soundstage blew me away. But the Euro <-> USD currency has made the UERM too expensive at the moment. So I am considering the CE6P instead. I strongly prefer detailed, clean, airy and bright sounding headphones. I have been a big fan of ER-4S and my current IEMs the Heir Audio Tzar 350. Both of them are considered very bright sounding headphones.

I also prefer the Beyerdynamic sound and the T70 and T5p are among my favourites in the full size league. I could not live with a bassy sound so if the CE6P are darker sounding than the Beyerdynamic T5p it would be too much. Also I enjoy a big soundstage and high resolution.

I hope someone can tell me if the CE6P can be considered a bright headphone and to what tuning it can be compared?

Thanks for your help!

Apr 29, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #4,739 of 5,310

Sorry for quoting an old post form January this year. But it was the only comparison I could find between the CE6P and UERM in this thread.

Does anyone have more impressions between the UERM and CE6P? I found the UERM to sound amazing at an event last year. It did fit my taste just perfectly and the soundstage blew me away. But the Euro <-> USD currency has made the UERM too expensive at the moment. So I am considering the CE6P instead. I strongly prefer detailed, clean, airy and bright sounding headphones. I have been a big fan of ER-4S and my current IEMs the Heir Audio Tzar 350. Both of them are considered very bright sounding headphones.

I also prefer the Beyerdynamic sound and the T70 and T5p are among my favourites in the full size league. I could not live with a bassy sound so if the CE6P are darker sounding than the Beyerdynamic T5p it would be too much. Also I enjoy a big soundstage and high resolution.

I hope someone can tell me if the CE6P can be considered a bright headphone and to what tuning it can be compared?

Thanks for your help!

I don't find the CE6P bright and airy but rather warm and smooth.  I think one of the 4 driver models may be more what you are looking for, at least that's what I gather from previous impressions.  Maybe this will help a bit: http://cymbacavum.com/2015/04/25/quick-thoughts-cosmic-ears-ce6p-smooth-seduction/

Edit: The UE4 is considered a baby UERM by many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back