Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Apr 16, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #4,684 of 5,310
Hi guys. Just discovered this company. I'm UK based, in Glasgow, so they are certainly the cheaper option. Do they really stack up to the USA guys like JH and 1964? I fancy the JH13pro or the 1964 v6-stage, but have read that the CE6P might be comparable. It's a lot cheaper than the JH and slightly cheaper than the 1964. 

Thanks.

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #4,686 of 5,310
  Hi guys. Just discovered this company. I'm UK based, in Glasgow, so they are certainly the cheaper option. Do they really stack up to the USA guys like JH and 1964? I fancy the JH13pro or the 1964 v6-stage, but have read that the CE6P might be comparable. It's a lot cheaper than the JH and slightly cheaper than the 1964. 

Thanks.

Headfonia did a comparison between the CE6E and the V6. So not quite exactly what you are after but close enough. I'd say - even though I haven't heard either of the JH13/V6-S - that the CE6P is a really really good earphone. What do you own now?

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #4,687 of 5,310
Headfonia did a comparison between the CE6E and the V6. So not quite exactly what you are after but close enough. I'd say - even though I haven't heard either of the JH13/V6-S - that the CE6P is a really really good earphone. What do you own now?

Recently sold a budget TPeos 200 to try the Westone W4r. Sold the Westone as I couldn't get a seal I liked. It was either to thin and boxy, or too boom and woofy. Decided it wasn't for me. Was debating going back to headphones with an Oppo PM3 (which I can't try) or getting an SE846. Then I started reading about the 1964 v6s and in the process stumbled on the CE6p as an option.

I'm now debating either a nice CIEM, or a pair of used TH900s. Might manage to stretch to bother the PM3 and the CE6P.

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #4,688 of 5,310
Apr 16, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #4,690 of 5,310
I'm certainly not a bass head. Prefer the bass to be there when required rather than overpowering things. Which was why I was looking at the P. But from what I have read of the 6Vs, it's not a basshead either. 

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #4,691 of 5,310
I should note that I am primarily into hard rock, 80s through to now. I do like to chill to female vocals like Norah Jones too though. So I need a good all rounder. I like the idea of CIEM for travel and work - portability, isolation on the plane, etc. Speaking of which, Maximum or Comfort? What's best? Most popular? How does the isolation of the CE compare with other brands? Cheers!

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #4,692 of 5,310
I've heard neither. Just going of headfonia.

Yeah...that would be me
rolleyes.gif

I think the P version is more for you, in the E, the bass really can be "present"

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #4,693 of 5,310
  I'm certainly not a bass head. Prefer the bass to be there when required rather than overpowering things. Which was why I was looking at the P. But from what I have read of the 6Vs, it's not a basshead either. 

You need to get an opinion from someone that owns the E/B versions about the bass, but I very much doubt it will be overpowering the mids. The CE signature seems to be quite detailed but not clinical, very coherent and musical while being very transparent.

For example the CE6P as it stands has for me a fair bit of bass through most anything I have tried it with. However when plugged to an iPhone 6 it loses a bit of the lower end impact and becomes quite detail oriented with airier sound, plugged in to an iBasso DX90 (absolutely love the combo if only the iBasso could run Tidal....) the lower end is heavier, it gains musicality and sweetness, it becomes even more coherent conveyes the same amount of detail but loses a bit on the soundstage. Whatever I use though the bass never affected the rest of the frequencies.

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #4,694 of 5,310
  I should note that I am primarily into hard rock, 80s through to now. I do like to chill to female vocals like Norah Jones too though. So I need a good all rounder. I like the idea of CIEM for travel and work - portability, isolation on the plane, etc. Speaking of which, Maximum or Comfort? What's best? Most popular? How does the isolation of the CE compare with other brands? Cheers!

I went for comfort, it isolates well enough but with low-med volumes I have a sense of what is going on around me. Maximum if you need better isolation.

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #4,695 of 5,310
I like the idea of isolation. Wondering if Max is tighter than other brands, or the norm with comfort being less. Is Max really tight? If it's too tight, can that be resovled in a refit? From your description of comfort, it sounds like it wouldn't drown out the sound of my kids playing, or the drone of a plane? But Max would? Cheers again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back