Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Sep 10, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #17 of 5,310
Amazing prices. I wonder if they will do a Re-shelling service like Fisher and UM. And seeing how they are experienced with Hybrid designs, maybe I can get my CIEM re-shelled with a Dynamic driver from them 
biggrin.gif
 but I won't be sad if they don't do that service.. too sad...

Sep 10, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #20 of 5,310
This is a response from cosmic ears regarding the sound signature.

Hi

Thank you for your kind comments.

In summary I would class the following sound signatures:
Pure with dynamic driver: Bassy (lows boosted, mids and treble recessed)
HY3 or Flex with Triple Hybrid: Balanced (treble and bass boosted, mids recessed)
We have a priority task to add the sound signatures on the website for all our models as this seems to be a common request.

The limited edition red is not currently available, we are however going to introduce a similar limited edition red model this month, we may get a post up this week to show the red model as we will also have a similar limited edition blue model. I will try and remember to let you know when we put the post up.

I hope this answers your questions.

Regards
Phil

Sep 10, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #22 of 5,310
This is a response from cosmic ears regarding the sound signature.
Hi
Thank you for your kind comments.
In summary I would class the following sound signatures:
Pure with dynamic driver: Bassy (lows boosted, mids and treble recessed)
HY3 or Flex with Triple Hybrid: Balanced (treble and bass boosted, mids recessed)
We have a priority task to add the sound signatures on the website for all our models as this seems to be a common request.
The limited edition red is not currently available, we are however going to introduce a similar limited edition red model this month, we may get a post up this week to show the red model as we will also have a similar limited edition blue model. I will try and remember to let you know when we put the post up.
I hope this answers your questions.
Regards
Phil

be nice if they had a FR chart
e.g. I want a cheap merlin or 1Plus2 alternative for Gym or dodgy places to go to. (in which case it's curious to find out the overall presentation - sub-bass vs mid-bass, bleed into lower mids? perceived lower or 1-2k mids bump? treble extension and peaks (e.g. the frequent TWFK UM tuning around 4k?)

Sep 10, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #25 of 5,310
To project86,

Hi, thanks for posting such interesting article, I will wait for your reviews on all of them. The cost is really low.

Somethings I need to know

# where do they made this ciem ? ( example china / or made in Sweden )
# Do update the article a little regarding with protective case
it very different from the others ciem who offer protective shock/crash proof case.
 # I want to know is the protective case interior good for the ciem ( example, does it take shock / crash ? )

thanks

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #29 of 5,310
Quote:
be nice if they had a FR chart
e.g. I want a cheap merlin or 1Plus2 alternative for Gym or dodgy places to go to. (in which case it's curious to find out the overall presentation - sub-bass vs mid-bass, bleed into lower mids? perceived lower or 1-2k mids bump? treble extension and peaks (e.g. the frequent TWFK UM tuning around 4k?)

Quoted for truth

Subscribing

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back