Corda Arietta
Mar 14, 2007 at 4:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Cid

100+ Head-Fier
In my quest for audio heaven (With a tight budget
tongue.gif
). I came across this amp and knowing Meier Audio I'm sure it's fantastic, but I'm just wondering how does it get along with the DT990 '05? I've settled on buying a pair of DT990's (NO i'm not budging) so I'd appreciate if anyone has heard them out of the Corda Arietta or has any idea if it would be any good?

Thanks for any and all help! (I feel like some heroine addict by selling everything I have of value for audio)

Mar 14, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #2 of 5
I can't answer your question about how it matches with a DT990. However, I probably can save you some $$$ if they match well. Instead of buying a new Arietta, watch the amps for sale section for a Headfive. It's close enough to the Arietta that I seriously doubt if anybody except for true golden ears could tell the difference between the two. Even better, they have been selling in the $200 range.

I must say I haven't heard the Arietta but own a Headfive. Hopefully someone who has heard both can either confirm or correct my statement about them sounding very close to each other.

Good luck in you choice whatever it is.

Mar 14, 2007 at 11:39 AM Post #3 of 5
I spent some time with a DT990/headfive combo at the last NY meet, and it sounded very nice. If you are set on the Arietta, I'm sure that the combination would sound great, but as already mentioned, the headfive is almost the same amp and sells for a bit less.

Mar 14, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #5 of 5
I have Arietta and a pair of DT990pro phones, but don't have any experience of other "quality" amps, so maybe my opinions don't have much value. I think they are quite good (edit: I mean great) match and also would guess that head5 and Arietta have not much difference with each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back