Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Jan 6, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #1,006 of 1,242
Quote:
Any thoughts about the Meelectronics CW31 for classical and jazz? They're only $25 online. They've been around a while but I like the look for everyday use in the office. I'd like to hear from anyone with direct experience with them...
JJ

CW31 is fairly easy going and versatile for the most parts. I won't say it is particularly good with Classical since I prefer a more analytical sound for Classical. But for $25, I don't think it is a bad choice either.

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #1,008 of 1,242
Hi ClieOS, I found myself to really like the MH1c IEMs. I found the bass to be really present, not super-overpowering, definitely more punchier than the M50s, the highs to be smooth and non-sibilant, good clarity of instruments, and a pretty decent soundstage. Assuming I break them or wish to go for an upgrade, which pair of IEMs should I consider next that would have all the traits of the MH1c? I assume since it is a Warm and Sweet, the GR01 would be the most logical, but some other input would be nice as well.

Jan 9, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #1,009 of 1,242
Quote:
Hi ClieOS, I found myself to really like the MH1c IEMs. I found the bass to be really present, not super-overpowering, definitely more punchier than the M50s, the highs to be smooth and non-sibilant, good clarity of instruments, and a pretty decent soundstage. Assuming I break them or wish to go for an upgrade, which pair of IEMs should I consider next that would have all the traits of the MH1c? I assume since it is a Warm and Sweet, the GR01 would be the most logical, but some other input would be nice as well.

GR01 is not a bad choice as MH1 upgrade, though you might not get as much bass in quantity (but better in quality). Otherwise BA200 and W4 will also be a great upgrade.

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #1,011 of 1,242
Quote:
Hi ClieOS, would R50 be a worthwhile upgrade from say Brainwavz M2 and R1? I am also currently looking at GR 07 MKII... i listen to every type of music, but i like it a little warm...

Yes, but not as direct upgrade of the same sound signature, as all three are quite different in sound.

Jan 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #1,013 of 1,242
Quote:
So what would be an appropriate upgrade keeping in mind a warm signature although with improvement across the spectrum?

M2 will be more mid centric while R1 is more bass dominance - with that in mind, TDK BA200 will be better than R-50 for keeping a warm sound with a smooth top. UM3X and W4 are good choice as well, but they are more laid back. While R-50 does has a warmish lower end, the upper end is much brighter - it will be suitable if you are looking for something more balanced than M2 and R1.

That being said, there are quite a good number of IEM that can be counted as general upgrade over M2 / R1. It really depends what kind of sound you are looking for.

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #1,015 of 1,242
Quote:
can you please put in a price bracket? for them ? I am in the process of choosing another IEM after giving my shure SE215 to my sister

Sorry, too much work to re-organize 150+ pairs of IEM. Plus prices are changing by the day, so listing in price doesn't really work in the long run.

Jan 10, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #1,016 of 1,242
Oh thats fine as well
do you have any reccomendation for something along the line of Rock ,Pop, Jpop, Jrock something along the line in terms of IEM?
I have up to $100 as a budget, I don't want something like my shure SE215 though, so if possible an IEM withough earguide

Jan 10, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #1,017 of 1,242
What iem would be best for someone that enjoys the Ultrasone HFi 580s sound sig? Shure SE215(normal or limited edition) or Rockit Sound R-50. I would like to limit myself to 120$.

Jan 10, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #1,018 of 1,242
Quote:

M2 will be more mid centric while R1 is more bass dominance - with that in mind, TDK BA200 will be better than R-50 for keeping a warm sound with a smooth top. UM3X and W4 are good choice as well, but they are more laid back. While R-50 does has a warmish lower end, the upper end is much brighter - it will be suitable if you are looking for something more balanced than M2 and R1.

That being said, there are quite a good number of IEM that can be counted as general upgrade over M2 / R1. It really depends what kind of sound you are looking for.

Thank you for your reply. Yes i am looking to venture into more neutral sound signature so i am ready to give up highly colored sound but cannot completely do without lushy low end. Plus TDK is not available in the region where i live, so available options are either R50 or GR07MKII.... Was also looking at re-262 but they are no longer available....

Jan 10, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #1,019 of 1,242
Quote:
Oh thats fine as well
do you have any reccomendation for something along the line of Rock ,Pop, Jpop, Jrock something along the line in terms of IEM?
I have up to $100 as a budget, I don't want something like my shure SE215 though, so if possible an IEM withough earguide

Your budget should is just right for a HifiMan RE400, It isn't a Rock / Pop specialized IEM but it has a very versatile sound and it will beat SE215.

Quote:
What iem would be best for someone that enjoys the Ultrasone HFi 580s sound sig? Shure SE215(normal or limited edition) or Rockit Sound R-50. I would like to limit myself to 120$.

Sorry, never listen to HFi580 before.

Quote:
Thank you for your reply. Yes i am looking to venture into more neutral sound signature so i am ready to give up highly colored sound but cannot completely do without lushy low end. Plus TDK is not available in the region where i live, so available options are either R50 or GR07MKII.... Was also looking at re-262 but they are no longer available....

Both R50 and GR07 should fit your bill of wanting a different sound. R50 will be brighter, more detail and upfront. GR07 will be more laidback with better bass response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back