Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Jun 14, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #691 of 1,242
Hey ClieOS, I was finally able to hunt down a j-phonic K2 sp on the FS forums. Very nice IEM thanks for the heads up with your review. I'm really loving what these IEM's can do.

Jun 15, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #692 of 1,242
Hey ClieOS, I was finally able to hunt down a j-phonic K2 sp on the FS forums. Very nice IEM thanks for the heads up with your review. I'm really loving what these IEM's can do.

Glad to know you are enjoying it.

Jun 15, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #693 of 1,242
Quote:
Yes, I've tried DBA-02 MK2. The treble is tamed down a little bit but still has plenty of detail. The bass is punchier with better body and texture. Overall a small but fairly noticeable improvement over the original DBA-02.

would you reccomend it, like you did with the MK1 ? the price is $20-30 more, but looks better built, and more isolating

Jun 16, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #695 of 1,242
i thought of buying gr06 after seeing jokers sq score and value for money but here it got only 4/5 only..even brainwavz m4 got 4.2, may i know how did u evaluated it?...i can get brainwavz m4 for 24$ from mp4nation but gr06 cost me about 63$... if m4 gonna beat gr06 in SQ then ill surely buy 1???
plzz help me..

Jun 16, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #696 of 1,242
Quote:
i thought of buying gr06 after seeing jokers sq score and value for money but here it got only 4/5 only..even brainwavz m4 got 4.2, may i know how did u evaluated it?...i can get brainwavz m4 for 24$ from mp4nation but gr06 cost me about 63$... if m4 gonna beat gr06 in SQ then ill surely buy 1???
plzz help me..

brainwavz M4 for only 24usd? I just checked the site and they sell for 69.50USD
confused.gif

Jun 16, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #697 of 1,242
plzz help me..

SQ rating is formulated by comparing an IEM against other IEM in the list. If I feel that the SQ of an IEM is similar to another (or multiple) IEM of a certain SQ rating, then that IEM will get the same rating. Of course, like any rating for SQ, it is an personal interpretation and thus different people might come up with different conclusion and rating. Then again, you should take note that this type of rating is only good as a starting point of a research. The whole point of this comparison is to give both a general rating as well as rating based on different sound signature style so reader can have an easier choice to pick a sound that (s)he like instead of picking solely based on a simplified rating system. If you are only looking at which IEM is getting better rating, then this comparison really isn't working in the way I hope it would.

Jun 17, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #698 of 1,242
Quote:
SQ rating is formulated by comparing an IEM against other IEM in the list. If I feel that the SQ of an IEM is similar to another (or multiple) IEM of a certain SQ rating, then that IEM will get the same rating. Of course, like any rating for SQ, it is an personal interpretation and thus different people might come up with different conclusion and rating. Then again, you should take note that this type of rating is only good as a starting point of a research. The whole point of this comparison is to give both a general rating as well as rating based on different sound signature style so reader can have an easier choice to pick a sound that (s)he like instead of picking solely based on a simplified rating system. If you are only looking at which IEM is getting better rating, then this comparison really isn't working in the way I hope it would.

i bought beta's v2 and my impressions are veiled mids, highs lacks detail, some fast tracks gets congested and sibilance( but affordable).i can only enjoy some bass oriented music. i like to listen all type of genres, mainly fast tracks and lot of vocals too so in need of another iem. among gr06 and m4, which has maximum no. of the following attributes
more open sounding,
forward mids,
more speed,
best instrument seperation(definitely loves this attribute) and imaging,
detailed highs,
more articulating,
some bass with quality(not blurred)

i know gr06 is the winner in forward mids so can m4 beat gr06 among the rest of the attributes given???i m very much hesitant to select another iem from balanced signature type since i ve beta's which is a balanced signature .please help me to choose 1, also explain in what way m4 betters gr06 in general rating given by you since u ve given 4.2/5

Quote:
brainwavz M4 for only 24usd? I just checked the site and they sell for 69.50USD
confused.gif

u can find m4 for 28$ in mp4nation monthly once and i ve a 4$ coupon to redeem since i'd purchased beta's v2 from them

Jun 18, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #699 of 1,242
i bought beta's v2 and my impressions are veiled mids, highs lacks detail, some fast tracks gets congested and sibilance( but affordable).i can only enjoy some bass oriented music. i like to listen all type of genres, mainly fast tracks and lot of vocals too so in need of another iem. among gr06 and m4, which has maximum no. of the following attributes
more open sounding, M4
forward mids, GR06
more speed, M4
best instrument seperation(definitely loves this attribute) and imaging, M4
detailed highs, M4
more articulating, GR06, as in fluidity
some bass with quality(not blurred) M4

i know gr06 is the winner in forward mids so can m4 beat gr06 among the rest of the attributes given???i m very much hesitant to select another iem from balanced signature type since i ve beta's which is a balanced signature .please help me to choose 1, also explain in what way m4 betters gr06 in general rating given by you since u ve given 4.2/5

Answered in bold, in comparison of the two.

Jun 18, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #700 of 1,242
Quote:
Answered in bold, in comparison of the two.

oh now its getting more complicated for me.i need forward mids but m4 wins in most of the attributes.
many of them are telling m4 is technically superior but m1 is better than m4
do u like to prefer any other iem(it should beat gr06 in most of the attributes like m4 does) in the same price bracket which is like m4 with forward mids??
recessed mids is the only problem in my beta's, is m4 equal to beta's v2 in mids or somewhat better??

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #701 of 1,242
I have not heard the Beta v2 so I have no idea. Mid centric IEM generally lacks some aspects, just as other sound signature lacks in other aspect of sound. When you put in a tight budget, you will get more compromises. It is all about finding the right compromises you can live with and I really don't think you can ever find a perfect sounding headphone. Well, SQ is in the ears of the beholder, so to speak.

Jun 22, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #704 of 1,242
RHA MA-350 added.

MA350.jpg

Bass-08.    RHA MA-350 (link)
Bass driven and warmish – think Klipsch S4, but slightly different in flavor. Bass hits hard and deep – rumble, good body and doesn’t feel dragging. Mid is forwarded, but get slightly overshadowed by the strong bass. However, it doesn’t lose its own character and still gives a decent sense of sweetness and intimacy. Treble extends quite far up but comes with a few shape peaks on the upper female vocal that cause graininess and sibilance. Not terrible enough to discourage a recommendation, but definitely not suitable for those who can’t tolerate brightness in their music. Soundstage is fair. Not particular opening or airy but not boxed-in either. It is more intimate than it is more transparent.
Pro: Simplicity in design. Technically proficient for a budget bass IEM.
Con: Hard to find. Sibilant.

Jun 23, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #705 of 1,242
I bought those RHA's on a whim a while back, must say I didn't like them at all. The bass was pretty decent but I thought the timbre was so far off everything just sounded wrong to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back