Competition Closed...but what is in the Retro – Stereo 50?
Feb 19, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #31 of 517
Moniker/Name:    shabta

Answer D.           There are 781 components

Feb 19, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #33 of 517
Moniker: Wildcatsare1

Answer: C: a total of 631 Components

Feb 20, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #39 of 517
Moniker/Name:       HenjieT

Answer D.              Total of 781 components

Feb 20, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #41 of 517
I don't want to join the competition, however I would like to ask a few questions:

1. Why didn't you add a balanced connection?

2. What is the power/impedance rating for headphones and what is the Class A bias for that? I do understand that we're talking about 7W total, but that doesn't tell me much, it can be 7W at 32 ohms which is usual, but it can also be 16 ohms.

3. What is the difference between Burr-Brown type Native DSD and Sabre32 DSD?

I already have a DAC, but this has the potential to be at least as an addition to my system as an amplifier if nothing else (Thinking of a vinyl rig later too), 25Wpc sounds fairly powerful, since it's a tube amp, there will be high gain, and 25Wpc should be enough to drive some pretty hard to drive speakers, but I doubt it will work with Planars for example...

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #42 of 517
Moniker/Name:    Marso

Answer E.           There are 999 components

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #45 of 517
I've got some questions on the Stereo50.
Beginning of the week I ordered it and it was delivered today :smile:

1) This is my first tube amp and I'm curious what the burn in time is? What is a good procedure? Leave it on during the night?

2) On the iphono you can select the enchanced riaa curve. I believe it is the standard curve. Can I select it also on the Stereo50?

3) is the setting of the bias of the different tubes done automatically? Or needs this to be done manually.

4) the volume has a slight click at 9 o'clock. With all the attention to detail I would not be surprised if this an indication the amp is in 10W mode. Is it? or is there just for ease of use?

5) which of the 781 components is the resistor that gives a 330 ohm load on the MC input? Want to change it to 1000 for my DL103 cartridge...just kidding, for now :wink:

At the moment Van Halen 1984 LP is playing.
First impression is that the unit makes a lot of music for a 25W amp...filling my living room easily.

I mostly play vinyl, but am excited to try the streaming possibilities (a new world for me).

/Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back