Comparisons: 36 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Sep 10, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #347 of 4,373
HAHAHAHA my currency brain did some error... It's USD 1 = SGD 1.2! So sorry xD

MacedonianHero, I was expecting you the one to do the review on the CAL!2 add it in your closed headphones review
biggrin.gif

We shall see...for now I'm kinda busy with a few other things. Most likely will be adding the B&W P5 that I'm getting on loan from a friend soon. 
smile.gif

Sep 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #348 of 4,373

HAHAHAHA my currency brain did some error... It's USD 1 = SGD 1.2! So sorry xD

MacedonianHero, I was expecting you the one to do the review on the CAL!2 add it in your closed headphones review
biggrin.gif

We shall see...for now I'm kinda busy with a few other things. Most likely will be adding the B&W P5 that I'm getting on loan from a friend soon. 
smile.gif

Had it, sold it (actually to someone in Toronto) Great fashion average can.

Sep 10, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #349 of 4,373
  Had it, sold it (actually to someone in Toronto) Great fashion average can.

LoL, well it wasn't to me. 
size]

I heard it a few years back and know what to expect...but I'll try to keep an open mind on these ones.

Sep 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #350 of 4,373
Have the QC15. Really don't care about the sound quality at all, it's more about getting a peaceful sleep. Flights to Brazil are killer. Leaves at midnight and arrives at 10AM (straight to hotel, shower, then to work). NC works great, and leaving them on my head for most of the flight isn't an issue. They are quite comfortable.

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #351 of 4,373

Actually using speaker compensation isn't totally the right thing after talking with Tyll. Due to the speakers on headphones being right next to your ears and no crossfeed information (right ear can't hear the left driver and visa versa) headphones require their own methodology. 

This isn't using the same compensation that speakers use (Do speakers even use a compensation?). It just emulates a flat loudspeaker in a headphone which is what artists record with.

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #352 of 4,373

This isn't using the same compensation that speakers use (Do speakers even use a compensation?). It just emulates a flat loudspeaker in a headphone which is what artists record with.

Yes, everything needs a compensation for audio (at least to my knowledge). I

If you are taking measurements of a stereo (or multispeaker system) you need to at least compensate for crossover. An individual speaker doesn't need this of course. And in the case of speakers environmental compensation MUST be done. Naturally if you have a completely silent environment where there is no chance of reflection or reverberation, this is not necessary. But not everyone has a wide open field with nothing around or an anechoic chamber.

And headphones use similar compensation, albeit you are doing it for the ear chamber rather than the room. 

(Naturally all of this is based on my limited knowledge. I am not an expert by any means. But I have learned enough physics to know that to get an accurate measure of sound, it isn't as simple as taking a calibrated mic and recording the output of the speaker)

Sep 11, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #353 of 4,373
OMG the stuff u guys discuss here amazes me!
U ppl know so much and stil u say ur no expert! All long i was thinking music is just a hobby. Buy or download songs n listen. After reading many forums on this website i came to know its not just music ! So much to consider when buying headfones! I thought ppl only considered price factor. Like i said already, i am addicted to this site. Its wonderful to know stuff actually.

Sep 11, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #354 of 4,373
OMG the stuff u guys discuss here amazes me!
U ppl know so much and stil u say ur no expert! All long i was thinking music is just a hobby. Buy or download songs n listen. After reading many forums on this website i came to know its not just music ! So much to consider when buying headfones! I thought ppl only considered price factor. Like i said already, i am addicted to this site. Its wonderful to know stuff actually.

Cool, stick around! And sorry about your wallet 
atsmile.gif

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #355 of 4,373

Correct...one needs compensation for headphones to account for their differences to speakers.

Sep 14, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #358 of 4,373
I listened at many of the headphones on this thread.. Momentum, PSU, MDR-1R, beats (already own), plus a bunch of others I posted about. I got some second hand A900's (not the X) for $100. Comfort and sound quality it beats all of these, and is very very close to the LCD2 when I compare them side by side with a good FLAC/optical/DAC/amp system. The A900 aren't at all portable, not even slightly, but I'd love to hear MacedonianHero's comparison.

Sep 14, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #359 of 4,373
thanx buddy. sorry abt my wallet? oh yeah , am a newbie right? 

The best advice from me after spending so much time in Head-Fi for a year is, don't look at new headphones released when your wallet are not ready yet! You may read it once... Just ONCE! Or else, you shall be sorry to your wallet. It may get thinner... And thinner and soon! Butterflies may come out [like mine now ] and it's in recovering stage xD

In short;

Head-Fi is like most apps in the App Store. Free to download but anything additional are not included... XD

So GOOD LUCK! :D

Sep 14, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #360 of 4,373
The more and more i read abt headphones, the more and more desire grows. I just realised how meaningful the phrase- sorry abt ur wallet is! Hahahaha. At the moment i ll just stick on to reading about headphones. Meanwhile i ll save to buy one of the best headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back