Comparison: Noble, Rhapsodio, Lime Ears, Empire Ears, and More!
Apr 20, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #80 of 110
Great comlarison!
Which one do you prefer? Encore or aether or zeus r? Because i can see that your current setup is aether/mojo but your favourite one is encore.
Would be great if you could demo the jh lola too.
Thanks.

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #81 of 110
Great comlarison!
Which one do you prefer? Encore or aether or zeus r? Because i can see that your current setup is aether/mojo but your favourite one is encore.
Would be great if you could demo the jh lola too.
Thanks.

Yeah I need to update that Encore is my favorite haha, sold my Aether. Waiting on testing a Katana before grabbing one of the Noble's in custom. Probably going to keep that as my custom and then get a Universal (AAW W900, Dita Dream, CA Vega) and be happy for quite awhile :)

And I'd love to get a chance to demo the JH Lola!

Edit:

Updated first post a bit with rankings and current fave setup!

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #82 of 110
Also if anyone has the IEMs that I want to try I'd be happy to rent them from you, as in pay a fair value for them and then upon return you keep like $50 or something!

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #83 of 110
  Updated first post a bit with rankings and current fave setup!

Interesting to see you rank the Trident above the Dulce Bass. When I auditioned the Noble line (up to Dulce Bass) a couple of months ago the Trident was a shock to me with its treble. Granted, I had only used the Shure se215 and Trinity Vyrus up to that point, but the Trident was really fatiguing for my treble-sensitive ears. The Dulce Bass however I found lovely. If you get a chance, do try the Sage. I heard them being called a baby-Encore and I only preferred the Dulce Bass because I like that bit of warmth and bass.

I still regret not trying the Django, but perhaps my wallet thanks me for going for the Custom Art Ei.3 instead.
wink.gif

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #84 of 110

Interesting to see you rank the Trident above the Dulce Bass. When I auditioned the Noble line (up to Dulce Bass) a couple of months ago the Trident was a shock to me with its treble. Granted, I had only used the Shure se215 and Trinity Vyrus up to that point, but the Trident was really fatiguing for my treble-sensitive ears. The Dulce Bass however I found lovely. If you get a chance, do try the Sage. I heard them being called a baby-Encore and I only preferred the Dulce Bass because I like that bit of warmth and bass.

I still regret not trying the Django, but perhaps my wallet thanks me for going for the Custom Art Ei.3 instead.
wink.gif

Yeah honestly that gets more to preferences as my list is just enjoyment not technical ability (in that case Zeus-R would be on top). Like I didn't like the K10 or Dulce Bass much, I also don't like the Audeze LCD-2/3. The trident's V shaped was preferable to the Dulce's rolled treble warmth but doesn't mean the dulce isn't a better IEM technically or that you'd prefer it!

Apr 20, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #85 of 110

Yeah honestly that gets more to preferences as my list is just enjoyment not technical ability (in that case Zeus-R would be on top). Like I didn't like the K10 or Dulce Bass much, I also don't like the Audeze LCD-2/3. The trident's V shaped was preferable to the Dulce's rolled treble warmth but doesn't mean the dulce isn't a better IEM technically or that you'd prefer it!

Absolutely! After getting into this hobby more seriously in the past few months I have become increasingly interested in the differences in perception of signatures. It is quite fascinating to see how some people can prefer the sparkle of the Trident and others, like myself, find it fatiguing. Moreover, I would even be interested in trying the Trident again just to see how my own perception has changed since I got my Ei.3. After a week or so I replaced the stock cable with a silver plated copper one and that has added a lot of sparkle to the Ei.3, which I have started to appreciate because of how it helps convey certain emotions in the music that are lost when the treble is too polite. (Especially obvious with classical music like the Nutcracker.)

So it is just that I find this interesting and not meant as any kind of argument.

Apr 20, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #86 of 110

Absolutely! After getting into this hobby more seriously in the past few months I have become increasingly interested in the differences in perception of signatures. It is quite fascinating to see how some people can prefer the sparkle of the Trident and others, like myself, find it fatiguing. Moreover, I would even be interested in trying the Trident again just to see how my own perception has changed since I got my Ei.3. After a week or so I replaced the stock cable with a silver plated copper one and that has added a lot of sparkle to the Ei.3, which I have started to appreciate because of how it helps convey certain emotions in the music that are lost when the treble is too polite. (Especially obvious with classical music like the Nutcracker.)

So it is just that I find this interesting and not meant as any kind of argument.

Yep! Just as I can rank the Zeus-R highly but not want to keep it lol

Apr 20, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #87 of 110

Yep! Just as I can rank the Zeus-R highly but not want to keep it lol

You're so lucky!
wink.gif

I like how you describe the Zeus-R. I fear they might be fatiguing for me, but if I had the money to spend would still audition them just to see how well they do with large orchestral pieces.

Apr 20, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #88 of 110

You're so lucky!
wink.gif

I like how you describe the Zeus-R. I fear they might be fatiguing for me, but if I had the money to spend would still audition them just to see how well they do with large orchestral pieces.

I doubt you'd find them fatiguing. I coud see how you'd find the Trident like that but the Zeus-R isn't peaky. A tiny bit lean for my tastes but not harsh or anything.

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #90 of 110

Noble Kaiser Encore (Universal):
  1. Bass is more impactful than Zeus-R but doesn't extend as deep as I'd like, seems to start dropping around 50-60hz (still there just less so). Need more time w/ them to pick out those details though

After trying many IEMs, I can safely say that, Galaxy is the one of the selective few IEMs, with a neutral bass quantity (almost neutral), that can do a deep, extended bass. Most other IEMs that have been able to do a deep, extended bass, always had a very prominent or elevated bass quantity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back