Commercial/Professionaly Designed Cmoy??
Feb 19, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

(lower quality headphones will have a lower maximum volume)...

well... if it is a head-fier, he needs to read more often the headphone-section...

Feb 19, 2004 at 9:48 PM Post #5 of 14
I found too many mistakes and misconceptions in his description, one of them being the lack of listing the parts used and this:

Quote:

Our main business is refurbishing extremely complex networking gear and electronic equipment (check our other auctions) so when I needed a high-quality cmoy headphone amp for myself, I knew I could make a much better unit than those being made by hobbiests and students and being sold on eBay.

Im sure any head-fier can build one better than his, or equally good.

-ivan

Feb 19, 2004 at 9:55 PM Post #6 of 14
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.. We focus on network equipment, so we can build superior quality headphone amps...

Give me a break....

Anyone with half a brain and the knowledge of what parts to use, steady hands, and who knows exactly what they want can build a decent CMOY.

Besides that, a round tin? No thanks...

Feb 19, 2004 at 10:23 PM Post #7 of 14
Looks like a standard CMOY with all the usual parts. The parts cost is probably uhh... $30? It looks like the standard BB opamp, I'm guessing the OPA2132 since he doesn't specify otherwise, and I can't quite read what it says on the chip. And panasonic input and power caps. And no, I don't think those qualify as "huge"....

Oh yeah, and of course heat-shrink tubing makes everything sound nicer.
rolleyes.gif

Considering you can buy a FAR superior amp for less money (i.e. a MINT for $80) ahem, I don't see what this guy's thinking.

Feb 19, 2004 at 10:32 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

High Amplification w/low Noise & zero Distortion

Drives All Headphones, Designed to Work With Any Headphone regardless of "Ohm Specification"
(lower quality headphones will have a lower maximum volume)

those are both very interesting claims; how on earth does 0% distortion sound like?? Anyone want to try in the Senn HD600s with this, and then a Grado pair??

what a load of arse, but i bet there'll be plenty of people fall for this one!

g

Feb 20, 2004 at 4:41 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Bid with confidence - all of our auctions are high-quiality.

Just like your spelling...

Feb 20, 2004 at 6:08 AM Post #10 of 14
You guys are all wrong. It's the hand twisted wire pairs that make all the difference. It sounds much, much better than the wire pairs twisted by the large machines most DIYers use.

Please note this guy is also selling Brittany Spears tickets, and a toner cartridge for a fax machine.

Feb 20, 2004 at 12:38 PM Post #13 of 14
Name brand components!

I suppose that goes right with the pretty graphs that everyone knows defines the best network amplifiers..

(although I think those are the ECQP panasonics there, which aren't bad)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back