Comfy chair recommendation
Jan 2, 2006 at 11:10 AM Post #16 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19

I was wondering if there are any general reccomendations. Also are there hints to when choosing a comfortable chair like what to look for and what not?

Thanks for the help

A comfortable chair has to fit just rite to your body. Its like a ut most issue here as to comfort. think of a chair as a suite coat, if its to long it will make you feel small, if its to skinny it will make you feel fat.

I would get a list of 10 nice chair makers and then seek them out in stores first hand. ask questions and I mean ask questions!

I have chosen a chair so heavenly to my butt that I threw out my computer chair and setup my audio rack and speakers around my computer area so I don't have to move her.
Mine is a Palliser Myers...

I have a natural Oak bottom with the 100% Grain 2 leather in Blossom.

Audio addict has one also, that's where I seen it. check out my comments in the central meet he hosted...it was all about the chair!..lol

http://www.discountleatherchair.com/...-recliner.html

BTW the stressless chairs to me are way over priced and honestly nothing in terms of a Palliser.

i have some pics of the chair if you want to see them...not sure it is only a chair to some but to me its heaven for my butt!..lol

Jan 2, 2006 at 12:30 PM Post #17 of 59
"Comfort" ??? Listening to music is a serious thing and one should be alert at all times, buzzwords like "comfort" don't come into play. You must sit on a hard stool in the middle of the room to appreciate your music fully.

May I recommend the good old fashioned "stool"

stool.jpg

Jan 2, 2006 at 1:34 PM Post #18 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Comfy chair recommendation

Oh, I'm flattered you'd think of me with such an important decision...
wink.gif

I'd say you can't go wrong with a classic. Le Corbusier's LC2 is my official Comfy chair recommendation for 2006.

lc21_views.jpg

Jan 2, 2006 at 3:57 PM Post #19 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Comfy
Oh, I'm flattered you'd think of me with such an important decision...
wink.gif

Thanks Comfy, for your comfy chair recommendation (and a nice one at that)!

Jan 2, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #20 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Since I listen while working or playing at my computer my comfy chair is an Aeron Chair.

-Ed

Surely, you actually listen to all that nice gear too, right?
eek.gif

Anyway... I've found that in almost all cases, the setups I've heard with the ottoman-like chairs were the most comfortable. Go for one of those if you have the room
tongue.gif

Jan 3, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #22 of 59
Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I like the idea of something kinda similar to what GS suggested. Is there a general site which have all kind of styles for this type of chair?

I don't really want an upright chair. I am a born sloucher.

Nothing flash or expensive, just practical

Jan 3, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #23 of 59
i just got back from Ikea with a ALLAK chair. very fine, fake black leather seat with arm rests, only 79.99. pretty sweet deal for a chair with plenty of cushion.

pe103490%20allak%20swiv%20chr%20leather-artificial%20leather%20black.jpg

Jan 3, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #24 of 59
This one is supposedly legendary for its confort. The "Perfect Chair"

HW447BLK-PIP.JPG

I think the sharper image carries them. But they are also available from internet vendors.

Jan 3, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #26 of 59
cd44hi>That looks something ,ore ideal for my use. Is it a reasonable price?

I just checked the price it's 1300 squidlets in the UK. That's pretty pricey. Is there a cheaper closer alternative?

Jan 3, 2006 at 5:44 AM Post #27 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakey
37819_PE129776_S3.jpg

The Ikea Poang Chair $99 us

37815_PE129772_S3.jpg

and matching Poang footstool $60 us

Just an incredibly comfy setup and cheap, too.

Yup. I have the same chair in "espresso" with cream coloured leather instead of the red cotton. It is a really comfy chair, and affordable to boot.

Jan 3, 2006 at 11:14 AM Post #29 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek
Yup. I have the same chair in "espresso" with cream coloured leather instead of the red cotton. It is a really comfy chair, and affordable to boot.

How much weight can it support...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back