Colorfly DAPs
Oct 20, 2020 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

alex5908

500+ Head-Fier
Hello everybody,
Does any own or owned Colorfly DAPs?
I was impressed by the SQ of the combo Colorfly C3 and Aten IEMs.
I'd use it but the C3 SW is just killing me.
Which model shall I consider for purchasing of the latest Colorfly models with the same (or about the same) SQ but with a better SW?

Dec 4, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #3 of 7
I just received a Colorfly U6 from hifigo. I'm super impressed with the sound and the power output. Software wise I haven't used it long enough to knownif there are small bugs, but basic functionality is working fine. Ota update from 1.8 firmware to 2.0 was failing so I downloaded the update manually from colorfly.net and that worked fine.

The hardware and build quality feels great, this thing is a little beast.

What SW problems are hurting you on the C3?

Dec 9, 2020 at 5:24 AM Post #4 of 7
So after some more time with the device on firmware 2.0 for Colorfly U6 I can confirm the following bugs.

USB DAC mode to windows 10 does not seam to work,

Auto power off after a set time does not work.

I haven't played with EQ at all,
Everything else in the settings and with playback is working perfectly, the device is very fast and responsive,

Now supports netease and qqmusic streaming apps built in, accessed via the pull down notification menu.

Dec 10, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #5 of 7
Correction. Actually usb dac mode does work, I just had to switch windows sound settings to 24bit, it had defaulted to 16bit, with 24bit selected it does work although i can only control the volume through windows volume slider, not the dac wheel itself.

Dec 21, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #6 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back