ColorFly C4 - Lots of Questions and Issues on Not Working!!!
Feb 8, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #91 of 172

Going from your posts I'm assuming you have the C4 unit? Please share your thoughts on the sound quality. :)

C4 has always been a player I've wanted to try. 

I love to but the darn battery does not want to maintain charge. It sure is charging but as soon as I disconnect it gives me low battery error and shuts down.

From the 20 minutes that I listening USB charger with the T5p I like it a lot more than AK120 with that particular headphone. But that is sound wise only, C4 requires a lot of patient. I did not mind the UI but it is very annoying considering that it does not order the files added on an alphabetical order but instead using the the date it was imported on the devices. 

The memory size pair with the 64 GB micro-sd is enough for me and if I could get the battery to work I think I am willing to work around those things if the sound is still the same over the long term. 

Hopefully more impression to come but if the battery does not work I think I am sending it back and probably ask for a refund than a replacement and just wait for the colorfly C5 due at june. 

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #92 of 172
  I love to but the darn battery does not want to maintain charge. It sure is charging but as soon as I disconnect it gives me low battery error and shuts down.

From the 20 minutes that I listening USB charger with the T5p I like it a lot more than AK120 with that particular headphone. But that is sound wise only, C4 requires a lot of patient. I did not mind the UI but it is very annoying considering that it does not order the files added on an alphabetical order but instead using the the date it was imported on the devices. 

The memory size pair with the 64 GB micro-sd is enough for me and if I could get the battery to work I think I am willing to work around those things if the sound is still the same over the long term. 

Hopefully more impression to come but if the battery does not work I think I am sending it back and probably ask for a refund than a replacement and just wait for the colorfly C5 due at june. 

I'm sorry to say it that sounds like a faulty/dead on arrival battery what you're describing. Possibly you can request a new battery and install it yourself? I would try that path (if Colorfly allow it). What a shame and disappointing.  

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #93 of 172

I'm sorry to say it that sounds like a faulty/dead on arrival battery what you're describing. Possibly you can request a new battery and install it yourself? I would try that path (if Colorfly allow it). What a shame and disappointing.  

Darn it, all these years of waiting and now this. I just plugged in the old k702 and it makes it sing. At this point I am willing to go for a replacement. It is worth keeping for me.

I had a look at the battery and it seems that it is not DIY friendly. based on the pictures soldering is needed. I bought my unit from an Australian seller so the wait should not be that long. 

Time to email them I guess. 

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #94 of 172
  Darn it, all these years of waiting and now this. I just plugged in the old k702 and it makes it sing. At this point I am willing to go for a replacement. It is worth keeping for me.

I had a look at the battery and it seems that it is not DIY friendly. based on the pictures soldering is needed. I bought my unit from an Australian seller so the wait should not be that long. 

Time to email them I guess. 

If you purchased from Australia that's not to bad then. Use it over the weekend from USB power then express it back for an exchange next week. From what I read on C4 (and as you've mentioned) it's worth the little mess around. 

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #95 of 172

If you purchased from Australia that's not to bad then. Use it over the weekend from USB power then express it back for an exchange next week. From what I read on C4 (and as you've mentioned) it's worth the little mess around. 

Sound wise it is better than the AK10, AK100 and AK120. It even betters my current favourite setup of 627x and DD socket 1. 

It pairs a lot nicer with headphones. IEM sound great with them but perhaps it has too much gain using the 6.3 mm. I have not yet tested it with the 3.5 mm. If all goes well I can send you to check out, I know you have wanted to test one for long. 

Feb 8, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #96 of 172
Sound wise it is better than the AK10, AK100 and AK120. It even betters my current favourite setup of 627x and DD socket 1. 

It pairs a lot nicer with headphones. IEM sound great with them but perhaps it has too much gain using the 6.3 mm. I have not yet tested it with the 3.5 mm. If all goes well I can send you to check out, I know you have wanted to test one for long. 

I would be honoured. You're correct, C4 has intrigued me for a long time B-). Let us know how you go with the replacement.

Feb 8, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #97 of 172
Hi guys... I've owned my C4 for over a year now and it's been faultless. ... touch wood.... which is handy, since it is wood! I love it... It's like a big dog. .. Not as stylish or as easy to live with... But it always makes you smile and demands you to play with it :blush: so persevere. I'm also really happy to hear it blows the designer guys from AK away! It even powers Auedeze headphones with ease. I was also thinking of getting the T5p... Was the bass full enough through C4?

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #98 of 172
Hi guys... I've owned my C4 for over a year now and it's been faultless. ... touch wood.... which is handy, since it is wood! I love it... It's like a big dog. .. Not as stylish or as easy to live with... But it always makes you smile and demands you to play with it :blush: so persevere. I'm also really happy to hear it blows the designer guys from AK away! It even powers Auedeze headphones with ease. I was also thinking of getting the T5p... Was the bass full enough through C4?

Have spend the past 7 hours with T5p, it transforms the T5p to an entire different level. It feels like C4 and T5p made to match each other. So far the best pairing has been T5p, ER4S and EX-1000. Best detail extraction is achieved with ER4S, T5p has best bass and sound-stage while EX-1000 feels like T5p but with a little harsher treble. 

I did not like how C4 paired with FAD IV, F111 and ES10. 

I need to spend more time with IM04 and Ck100pro, first I got to fix the battery issue 

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #99 of 172
Have spend the past 7 hours with T5p, it transforms the T5p to an entire different level. It feels like C4 and T5p made to match each other. So far the best pairing has been T5p, ER4S and EX-1000. Best detail extraction is achieved with ER4S, T5p has best bass and sound-stage while EX-1000 feels like T5p but with a little harsher treble. 

I did not like how C4 paired with FAD IV, F111 and ES10. 

I need to spend more time with IM04 and Ck100pro, first I got to fix the battery issue 

In what ways do you prefer C4 to the AK120?

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #102 of 172
What us strange about C4 is that it js certainly bright compared to ak120 but paired with t5p it just doesn't show! T5p is bright paired with all that have paired it.

well i can safely say with the headphone that i have always wanted to love i have found my pairing. Hopefully once i get my battery replaced i am set foe that department till colorfly C5 arrives. I hope the sounds mellows more with time.

for the short battery life i can always get a battery pack.

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #103 of 172
What us strange about C4 is that it js certainly bright compared to ak120 but paired with t5p it just doesn't show! T5p is bright paired with all that have paired it.

well i can safely say with the headphone that i have always wanted to love i have found my pairing. Hopefully once i get my battery replaced i am set foe that department till colorfly C5 arrives. I hope the sounds mellows more with time.

for the short battery life i can always get a battery pack.

what is the talk of the C5... Any links to info?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back