Colorfly C3, Hisoundaudio Rocoop, or Hifiman 601
Oct 26, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #136 of 181
Quote:
When was that firmware released? 

1.2.7 was released 2 Days ago. (Best sounding firmware and most bug fixes)

1.2.3 was released 2 months ago (Worst sounding firmware, a big step backwards from 1.1.7)

1.1.7 was released about 4 months ago. (Second best sounding firmware and is what kept me from selling my DX100).

Oct 26, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #137 of 181
Quote:
1.2.7 was released 2 Days ago.

1.1.7 was released about 4 months ago.

Gotcha. I didn't get to test it then. But on the flip side, you don't know how my system sounds either :) 

Well, no need to turning this (or any thread) into a pissing contest, let's just help each other by what we have and not by being fanboys of stuff. 

Oct 26, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #138 of 181
Quote:
Gotcha. I didn't get to test it then. But on the flip side, you don't know how my system sounds either :) 

Well, no need to turning this (or any thread) into a pissing contest, let's just help each other by what we have and not by being fanboys of stuff. 

Fair enough Yuceda. Just curious as there is an owner of both these rigs who just recently posted on the DX100 that he found the two units equal as of 1.1.7 firmware. What he felt the ibasso was lacking in is warmth and musicality while the DX100 excelles in resolving power, neutrality and detail. I can tell you now man as of 1.2.7 the DX100 has it all in spades. From clarity/transparency, micro-detailing, 3D sound staging, imaging, depth, musicality and warmth. It very much is comparable to my desktop rig without any attached amps which is amazing. I'm just waiting to hear what the owner has to say now about the two rigs. "I kinda was a smart ass (having fun lol) and said I won't be surprised if I see your CLAS in the for sale forum shortly" lol :wink: I think it's really that good now.

Oct 26, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #139 of 181
Quote:
Fair enough Yuceda. Just curious as there is an owner of both these rigs who just recently posted on the DX100 that he found the two units equal as of 1.1.7 firmware. What he felt the ibasso was lacking in is warmth and musicality while the DX100 excelles in resolving power, neutrality and detail. I can tell you now man as of 1.2.7 the DX100 has it all in spades. From clarity/transparency, micro-detailing, 3D sound staging, imaging, depth, musicality and warmth. It very much is comparable to my desktop rig without any attached amps which is amazing. I'm just waiting to hear what the owner has to say now about the two rigs. "I kinda was a smart ass (having fun lol) and said I won't be surprised if I see your CLAS in the for sale forum shortly" lol :wink: I think it's really that good now.

Ain't happening :) DX100's weak battery was a big let down for me. CLAS lasts up to 14 hours and at the same time charges my iPod, also can be used as a digital interface from my laptop's USB into my DACs coaxial. The downsize is it now looks like I am carrying a bomb around and much heavier than the DX100. Also DX100 can play up to 32 bit and 192khz as a DAP whereas the CLAS is limited to what iPod is capable of which is 16/44.1 Khz. But that's not a deal breaker for me as I don't have a lot of of 32 bit files. When and if I want to listen to them I can just plug it into my MacBook Air as a desktop DAC, voila!, which is something that DX100 doesn't offer :) So no clear winner here. 

Oct 26, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #140 of 181
Curious how long does it take to fully charge your class rig? My unit takes slightly over 2 hours to fully charge form a complete drain. I know of people who have opted for that battery pack on the DX100 which added I think up to 4 hours additional listening time. Not that I'd go to that extreme for additional time anyways. Got my Studio V for such insane battery life :p.

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #141 of 181
I got my CLAS -dB literally two days ago and still haven't had the need to charge it despite the fact that I am listening to it non-stop since I got it. 

The manual says it takes to 4 hours to charge it (if it's completely deplete). 

As for the Tomahawk, two AAA batteries = 300 freaking hours :) 

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #142 of 181
Awesome. I'm not so much concerned with my amps battery life. 300 is quite impressive though. My T1 has been stealing most of the ear time on the DX100. It last ups to 80 hours on each charge. The UHA6MKII about 30 hours I think. Same with the Triad on the 700mAH batteries but those are a bit of a pain to have to take out and manually charge. Pretty much just relegating the L3 to my desktop plugged directly into the wall-wart...
redface.gif

Oct 27, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #145 of 181
  C3
  1. Chips: DAC: TI PCM1770
  2. Output: 3.5mm PO interface
  3. Screen: 0.82 inch OLED screen
  4. Data Transfer: USB, support TF card expansion
  5. Capacity: 8GB
  6. Support audio formats: WAV, APE, FLAC, MP3, WMA
  7. Audio Performance: Sex-noise ratio the SNR> 97db
  8. Frequency Range: 22Hz-20Khz ± 0.5dbs

Oct 27, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #147 of 181
  1. C4
  2. Set the SRC manually
  3. CIRRUS LOGIC CS4398 DAC chip
  4. CIRRUS LOGIC CS8422 SRC chip
  5. 3.7 V battery, SNR up to 108 Db, THD lowers than 0.003%
  6. The precision of 0805 resistance is up to 1% in the simulation
  7. Black 3U PCB
  8. 3U Gilt RCA interface for SPDIF IN/OUT (top grade)
  9. 3U Gilt interface for 6.3mm earphone (top grade)
  10. The rate of the Jitter is lower than 5ps

Oct 27, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #149 of 181
Oh lol :p Thought he was talking about the C4.... :xf_eek: Guess the name does match an explosive lol (big brick and big sound).

I'd like to try the CK4, there's a CK5 too, plays 3D movies. Ultimately I'd love to take a C4 for a spin, probably put that Studio V of yours to shame. :wink:

Oct 27, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #150 of 181
Quote:
I'd like to try the CK4, there's a CK5 too, plays 3D movies. Ultimately I'd love to take a C4 for a spin, probably put that Studio V of yours to shame.
wink.gif

Not so sure about that my friend lol. At least I read an impression from a headfier who said he actually preferred the Studio V to it and that the sound signature was somewhat similar. Who knows? I'm sure the C4 is quieter for sure though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back