Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Jun 26, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #1,456 of 3,325
Quote:
You're right. I used a tidy needle to push the internal reset button through a small hole.
Now my C3 is alive & kicking!  Thanks for the tip!
dt880smile.png

Cool. So you're happy with your C3 again. Cool again!

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #1,457 of 3,325
The stone has been rolled away before there was even a death!!!  It's a pre-miracle!!
gs1000.gif

Glad the pin worked.  I had tried using a paperclip as someone here suggested and failed dismally as well.  Then tried the pin and, it lived!!

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #1,458 of 3,325
Colorfly be praised. Hallelujah! :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 27, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #1,459 of 3,325
Quote:
Colorfly be praised. Hallelujah!
biggrin.gif

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

great news
biggrin.gif

what a pity, i just wanted to punch Colorfly people again 
darthsmile.gif

Jun 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #1,460 of 3,325
I finally got my C3 and love it very much. I spent the night selecting everything from Jazz, to Classical, to Metal to fill up my 32gb card and the internal memory. Black Sabbath's "13" and Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" among other things. I like it very much with my XBA-2 but I'll probably get some Shure iems in the near future. I am facing the problem of this being probably the last C3 for sale in Mexico since the local distro couldnt find a market for it and the C4, so its not something I could easily replace if there's a problem, albeit the warranty is very good and covers even the destruction of the player at a cost of 50%. I also need a case for it, and I think it's gonna be one made of leather because it will be kinda strange to order the one made of silicon in China for the same price. Well, anyway, my Clip+ is going into my son hands as soon as I fill it with some metal and jazz for him. Thanks for all the help and pointing me in the direction of this beauty.

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #1,461 of 3,325
Quote:
I finally got my C3 and love it very much. I spent the night selecting everything from Jazz, to Classical, to Metal to fill up my 32gb card and the internal memory. Black Sabbath's "13" and Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" among other things. I like it very much with my XBA-2 but I'll probably get some Shure iems in the near future. I am facing the problem of this being probably the last C3 for sale in Mexico since the local distro couldnt find a market for it and the C4, so its not something I could easily replace if there's a problem, albeit the warranty is very good and covers even the destruction of the player at a cost of 50%. I also need a case for it, and I think it's gonna be one made of leather because it will be kinda strange to order the one made of silicon in China for the same price. Well, anyway, my Clip+ is going into my son hands as soon as I fill it with some metal and jazz for him. Thanks for all the help and pointing me in the direction of this beauty.

Congrats and welcome to the club!
beerchug.gif

Jul 3, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #1,462 of 3,325
Just measured - output impedance is around 0.4 ohm.

Jul 3, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #1,464 of 3,325
Quote:
Thank you very much ClieOS! That is excellent news!

So it's just right for the sensitive IEM's you love....I guess for you it's a keeper then! 
etysmile.gif

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #1,467 of 3,325
Quote:
Just curious how did you measure the output impedance of C3? Don't mind if you can share your method.
biggrin.gif

Mostly this:

Quote:
To do basic output impedance measurement, you will need
(1) A digital multimeter that can measure AC in mV.
(2) A fixed load that you can plug into the amp. I soldered a pair of matched 47ohm resistor to a Neutrik jack for this.
(3) An interconnecting cable. This is for you to measure the unload volatge easily straight from the plug
(4) A tone generator. Any decent USB DAC or sound card with Audacity on the PC will do.
(5) Some math calculation.

You can find the detail here, and it is basically the same thing NwAvGuy has described in his article about output impedance. He uses 100Hz mostly but I choose 1000Hz since it is more widely used. Note that many amp have higher output impedance on the top treble (15kHz~20kHz) so you don't want to measure in those area. ...

Except C3 will be the source. First, a 1kHz test tone is playbacked on the C3 on a fixed volume, the output voltage is measured. Then I plugged in the 47ohm dummy load and remeasure the voltage again. With these two voltage, I can calculate the output impedance using the formula described on the link in the quote.

Jul 5, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #1,468 of 3,325
HI guys!

What do you think about Colorfly C3 and SDXC Micro SD Card?

Are fully complicance or only with SDHC?

I think that both are OK.

BTW, for Colorfly Support email me about an issue with USB Massive Storage Drivers on Windows 7. The US Market have information about the problem.

Anybody have similar troubles?

Jul 7, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #1,469 of 3,325
Quote:
HI guys!

What do you think about Colorfly C3 and SDXC Micro SD Card?

Are fully complicance or only with SDHC?

I think that both are OK.

BTW, for Colorfly Support email me about an issue with USB Massive Storage Drivers on Windows 7. The US Market have information about the problem.

Anybody have similar troubles?

i would take cheap class 4 Micro SD from Sandisk and not worry about latest SDHC. from what i know and experienced C3 is designed to use older class cards and you will barely have benefit of newer card on C3 while you can bump into card read issues on C3 with class 10 and newer.

i have C3 and use class 4 McSD max 32G.

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #1,470 of 3,325
Hello, i have a few questions....
Does the C3 sound good with Etymotic ER4s?-IS it powerful enough to drive them?
I would like more bass on the ER4s, so I also have a Headstage Arrow 4G on the way at the moment.. is anyone using this amp with the c3?

Is double amping ok?-I was actually looking at an ipod touch/classic via line out to the arrow, until i saw this C3 thread!

Which would sound best in your opinion?-Ipod lod to arrow...C3 HO to arrow...Just C3, no amp needed?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back