Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Feb 1, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #436 of 3,325
It is now fixed, I can play FLAC files again on my C3 without have to rename them to .FLA

You just have to ask the right people, and shwaip over at Icrontic IS the right people!
It is just a Windows Registry Key that is causing the extension truncation.
Here is my thread over at Icrontic if anyone else encounters the problem.

Life is good again. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #437 of 3,325
Quote:
I'm very interestd to know if  FiiO E17 or cMoy BB have a good synergy with C3.

The E17 wasn't good with it. Presented no noticeable difference in sound. It sounded better without it. The cMoy BB was WAY too bass heavy and even when turned off it kind of sucked. So far this thing is better without anything. I did order one of the C&C BH amps to see how it goes. If its not a big deal I'll sell it on fleabay or here.

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #438 of 3,325
Feb 1, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #439 of 3,325
Also...the lack of gapless kind of sucks...but this thing is a pretty amazing little player!

Feb 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #440 of 3,325
WAV with cue file will give you gapless... I couldn't get flac with cue to work before, I'll try again now.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #441 of 3,325
i dont know if this has already been posted :

Sound Garden Silicone Case & Screen Protector for COLORFLY C3

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sound-Garden-Silicone-Case-Screen-Protector-for-COLORFLY-C3-HIFI-MP3-Player-/380537434055?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item5899cc6fc7

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #442 of 3,325
The E17 wasn't good with it. Presented no noticeable difference in sound. It sounded better without it. The cMoy BB was WAY too bass heavy and even when turned off it kind of sucked. So far this thing is better without anything. I did order one of the C&C BH amps to see how it goes. If its not a big deal I'll sell it on fleabay or here.

I'm not really surprised there was no positive change with JDS Cmoy BB, it did nothing for my S9 when I tried several months ago. The problem with C3 is once you start heading over 30/40 volume with most IEM, the weak power output comes into play, starts thinning out becoming brittle, C&C BH will cure that allowing better control and acoustics at higher volumes.

Feb 1, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #443 of 3,325
Quote:
I'm not really surprised there was no positive change with JDS Cmoy BB, it did nothing for my S9 when I tried several months ago. The problem with C3 is once you start heading over 30/40 volume with most IEM, the weak power output comes into play, starts thinning out becoming brittle, C&C BH will cure that allowing better control and acoustics at higher volumes.

This is a very interesting phenomenon!
So far there are 3 amps. (including mine) totally failed to synergy with C3. Why C&C BH amps is the one being chosen?
Let's hear feedback from icefalkon when he tries C&C BH amps on C3.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #444 of 3,325
So far there are 3 amps. (including mine) failed to synergy with C3.
Let's hear feedback from icefalkon when he tries C&C BH amps on C3.:)

Then on the other side of the fence we have members giving positive feedback regarding E11, ZO and C&C BH.

So it will be interesting indeed. I think TrollDragon has an E17, maybe he could share his experience with the pairing?

Feb 1, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #445 of 3,325
Quote:
So far there are 3 amps. (including mine) totally failed to synergy with C3. Why C&C BH amps is the one being chosen?
Let's hear feedback from icefalkon when he tries C&C BH amps on C3.
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, the e11 has a pretty good synergy with the C3. Pretty much all of my headphones are happy with the combo. The only iem that for some reason really doesn't like it is the meelec a161p but the good news is that it's easy to drive without it. So it's not just a synergy of the DAP and the amp but also of the headphones with the given combo. 

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #446 of 3,325
Quote:
Well, the e11 has a pretty good synergy with the C3. Pretty much all of my headphones are happy with the combo. The only iem that for some reason really doesn't like it is the meelec a161p but the good news is that it's easy to drive without it. So it's not just a synergy of the DAP and the amp but also of the headphones with the given combo. 

How about the synergy between Fiio E12 Mont Blanc and C3? E12 is the successor for E11.

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #447 of 3,325
I know what the e12 is but I don't have it and probably won't get one as I'm considering the new jds c5. Anyway, if it's really boosting the mids then I'm not sure what the synergy between a mid-centric DAP and a mid-centric amp will be

Feb 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #449 of 3,325
Quote:
The C3 uses the TI PCM1770 DAC which has the built-in headphone amplifier. I've sampled some PCM1772 DAC chips which are pin compatible and have a Line Out instead of the HP Out.

http://www.ti.com/product/pcm1772

So when these arrive I am going to swap the DAC chip to experiment with a true line out.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

How difficult is it to change out this chip in the C3?  One can easily request a sample  PCM1772 chip from the TI site, so obtaining the chip is not a problem.  I have not taken my C3 apart and I have little experience with changing out chips in portable audio products.  Does the process involve any specific tools or soldering, or can one just pull out the old chip and place the new one in?  Can you provide a brief explanation of the procedure for me?  Thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back