Cmoe in if you can raed tihs, it is a vrey Iesntreting raed
Sep 13, 2003 at 9:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

raymondlin

Architect &Musical Fidelity X-Man v2
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

Sep 13, 2003 at 9:37 AM Post #2 of 52
damn, i can't believe how fast i read that. that's pretty freaking cool.
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: now i noticed it's no problem when i read it fast but when i try and read it more slowly it gets all jumbled. amazing stuff.

Sep 13, 2003 at 9:53 AM Post #3 of 52
looks like you went to my spelling class Ray
wink.gif

Seriously though, I - like Goose, and presumably everyone else was able to read that with no problem
smily_headphones1.gif

(the only words I stumbled on was the ones with the spelling... erm.. letter errors.. 'reaseachh' instead of research, and 'importent' instead of important)

Sep 13, 2003 at 9:54 AM Post #4 of 52
i wonder if you can do that in german. (uber-long words pop up with them i'm told)

Sep 13, 2003 at 12:40 PM Post #9 of 52
Wow. That was cool.

Sep 13, 2003 at 1:13 PM Post #10 of 52
super! I want to print that on a tshirt but it may not fit.

Sep 13, 2003 at 1:59 PM Post #12 of 52
Oh cool! I just read that whole thing without a problem!! COOL

Sep 13, 2003 at 2:29 PM Post #14 of 52
It is a very cool trick.
cool.gif

Sep 13, 2003 at 2:38 PM Post #15 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
i wonder if you can do that in german. (uber-long words pop up with them i'm told)

Haven't tried that, yet - but I can confirm, that it works for me in English. Astounding!
wink.gif
And yes, we seem to have some affinity to create uberlong words over here - though it has been somewhat reduced since the last orthography reform, at least for verbs. In addition, many of the more recent uberlong words are just created by coupling - in English, coupling doesn't seem so common (eg.: 55-Ohm-Treiber / 55 Ohm driver).

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back