Keces DA-151

Amp:
Heed Canamp

IEM:
ATH-CKS70

My laptop
and my Samsung P2 as my portable

Nov 14, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #78 of 136
Great to see new faces that weren't at the last LA meet!
smily_headphones1.gif
If anybody local is hesitant about attending that hasn't been to a meet before, I can tell you that you will learn more about your sound preferences in one day at a meet than months on this forum. Plus you get to meet all kinds of super cool people.
biggrin.gif

I can't wait to hear the vinyl setups!

Nov 14, 2009 at 9:46 AM Post #79 of 136
That's exactly what I hope to experience from this meet up! Rather than reading about various headphones, amps, and DACs, it's far better to personally listen to them and see for myself. I also hope to meet new people. See you all there!

Nov 14, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #80 of 136
If anyone is interested in helping out, I am not going to get to do everything possible for this meet. Work has kind of gotten busy lately.

In particular, two things.

First, my top post in this thread has a listing of equipment. That was up to date as of about two weeks ago. Since then, at least one attendee dropped out, and numerous others have listen new equipment they plan to bring. If anyone wants to update the list, that would be great. (Just hit the edit button for that post).

Second, does someone want to go thru and try and guess a head count for those who are bringing enough stuff to probably need a table? That would help with my preliminary space design.

Nov 15, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #81 of 136
We can't edit your posts, leichnitz. But I will be happy to go through this thread in the next day or two and get a full equipment list.

I will be bringing a few more things myself, so my total is:

-HD800 with custom Double Helix Cables Complement 11 ft. with rhodium Furutech XLR, and ApureSound V3 13 ft. with rhodium Furutech XLR (if it hasn't sold by then).
-Logitech Transporter
- Audio-gd Reference One DAC with custom current-to-voltage IV cable
- high-end power cords including Virtual Dynamics Master LE 2.0 and Locus Design Group Axis
- my girlfriend's laptop computer to run Squeezebox Server
- PS Audio Power Plant Premier (undecided)

The above will be used with AtomikPi's balanced Beta22 since mine won't be built by then. I will not be bringing the Audio-gd Phoenix. I'm still up in the air about the PS Audio Power Plant Premier. I may bring it because I need the outlets, even though it weighs a lot.

Nov 15, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #82 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We can't edit your posts, leichnitz. But I will be happy to go through this thread in the next day or two and get a full equipment list.

Sorry, my bad. Still a bit of a noob on this site.

Any help on the list would be appreciated but feel bad about you starting from scratch. Should I cut and paste to you (by PM?) what I already have?

Nov 16, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #83 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by leichnitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, my bad. Still a bit of a noob on this site.

Any help on the list would be appreciated but feel bad about you starting from scratch. Should I cut and paste to you (by PM?) what I already have?

Yes, that would be good. Then I can send you back the final list and you can paste it in your first post.

How many outlets will be available here and how many tables? Did you take a look at the impression thread from the last L.A. meet to see pics of how it was arranged? We need to make sure there's enough power that we don't blow the circuits, and hopefully there will be several circuits in the room.

Nov 16, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #84 of 136
I also feel it necessary to remind everyone to keep a close watch on their equipment. I never thought that would be something I'd have to say to the Head-Fi community since 99.9% of the people here are honest. But after an incident at the last meet I feel it prudent to be cautious.

Someone walked off with a pair of $1400 headphones at the last meet. They were returned and the person said it was a mistake, but I don't see how taking a pair of phones that don't belong to you is a mistake. If I hadn't mentioned the fact that there was video surveillance there, who knows what would have happened.

I think it is wise if no one picks up someone elses headphones and takes them to another person's table without asking the owner first. In addition, if someone has a headphone stand and you take the headphones off the stand, please put them back on the stand and not leave them lying on the table. (This happens all the time and I really don't understand why.)

But other than that, meets are great and you'll meet a lot of very cool people who you'll become friends with. Socializing is more fun than the listening!

Leichnitz, often people go out for dinner after the meet. Are there any places in the vicinity where we can go out to eat?

Nov 18, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #85 of 136
Bad news, my RSA Predator has developed an electrical short, so it won't be making an appearance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Leichnitz, often people go out for dinner after the meet. Are there any places in the vicinity where we can go out to eat?

Maybe we should do something a bit less messy than pizza for lunch, and then go grab pizza afterwards?

Nov 18, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #86 of 136
Oh man~ My galfriend lives in Orange County.. Im like on the other coast.. might ask her to go take some photos for me lol

Nov 18, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #87 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by tradersancho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bad news, my RSA Predator has developed an electrical short, so it won't be making an appearance.

Maybe we should do something a bit less messy than pizza for lunch, and then go grab pizza afterwards?

The only food plans I am making now is to have some coffee and bagels available at 10am as people filter in. We can collectively caucus and decide what we want to do for lunch. Or you can bring food, munchies, etc (again, try to keep in the dining room and out of great room).

Pizza is definitely an option, whether lunch or dinner. There is also a great Mexican place (Taco Rosa) that I thought would be perfect for a casual dinner, although if people want to do tacos for lunch, that would be possible too.

Nov 18, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #88 of 136
I live in Aliso Viejo and will deffinitely be there.

Let me know if I can help in the pre-show setup, grabbing begals, gallons of coffee, etc.

I went to CanJam 09 a month after joining this forum and I am still discovering what some of the items I saw were while reading the forums daily for past 6 months. That event was the single most worthwhile audio thing I have done for myself yet.

I don't have much for equipment and not sure if any interest in my bringing my stuff but I want to give back for what I learned at CanJam.

So, I have:
HifiMan EF2->Cyroparts USB->ATH A700 (dynamatted, Cardas wire & rhodium plug)
ProJect RM6a turntable->Sumiko Blue Oyster Special->ProJect Phono
Pioneer 47Ai->Rotel RSP 1068
various equip:Audioquest Diamond Back and CopperHead interconnects, Cowan D2+, Dell Laptop(Win7), ProJect HeadBox.

There is a lot of great equipment listed already so I am not sure I should bring anything, but if anyone needs a piece that I have to fill in a link in their chain they are doing, please let me know and I will bring whatever you need from what I have.

I did not see any HE5's listed, I was hoping to sample those cans before comitting to a purchase of D5000's from a fellow hi-fi'er. I wanted to see if the EF2 with rolled tubes (GE 5664W) and more powerful PSU would be able to drive the orthodynamics or not.

Let me know if I can be of help in any way.

Nov 18, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #89 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyBuoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in Aliso Viejo and will deffinitely be there.

Let me know if I can help in the pre-show setup, grabbing begals, gallons of coffee, etc.

Let me know if I can be of help in any way.

Thanks for the offer. Want to grab the bagels and I will bring coffee, cream and sugar?

Nov 19, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #90 of 136
I see the main post has been updated...nice place
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm sure we're going to need those plastic tables. I'll try to get there around opening to set my stuff up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back