CLOSED THREAD -- Orange County, CA Head-Fi Meet Up - November 21, 2009
Nov 1, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #61 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AtomikPi,

You will be bringing you B22 right? Mine won't be finished until end of December at the earliest (lack of money) so I wan't to try my Ref1 with your amp. I will be bringing it to the meet along with another goodie I am having made -- a CAST-to-XLR cable. It will include a passive I/V resistor network inside the cable. Hopefully it will sound a cut above the XLR outputs on the RE1. Nude Vishays will be inside.

Sorry I didn't notice this sooner. Yes, I will be bringing it along, and you're welcomed to hook it up to your source.

Nov 1, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #62 of 136
Rats! Looks like I won't be able to make it. My kid takes theater classes at South Coast Rep, and his end-of-term performance is at the same time as this meetup.

Have a blast, y'all.

Nov 5, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #63 of 136
I will bring a box of Lps, Vpi Scout, Monolithic PS-1, Power supply,Woo Audio 5LE and some headphones.

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #64 of 136
I might be able to make it if I make it through the wife factor.

IF I come, will bring:

VPI TNT-V "Hot Rod" (JMW 12.5 arm), Clearaudio Accurate Cartridge, VPI SDS
Einstein "Turntables Choice" Phono Stage
Harmonix Golden Performance Cables, Furutech Audio Reference III Cables

Ray Samuels B52 Headphone/Preamp
Balanced HD 650 w/ Stefan Arts Equinox cable, Balanced HD600 with Apuresound V2

Exactpower EP15a / SP15a Conditioners.

Some LPs.

Nov 8, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #65 of 136
Upgrade me to "definite."

Equipment is
K1000
K601
DT880 (250 ohm)
Naim CD5X (source)
Sonett (headphone amp)
Audio Note P2SE (K1000 amp)

See you all there!

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #66 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaizada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might be able to make it if I make it through the wife factor.

IF I come, will bring:

VPI TNT-V "Hot Rod" (JMW 12.5 arm), Clearaudio Accurate Cartridge, VPI SDS
Einstein "Turntables Choice" Phono Stage
Harmonix Golden Performance Cables, Furutech Audio Reference III Cables

Ray Samuels B52 Headphone/Preamp
Balanced HD 650 w/ Stefan Arts Equinox cable, Balanced HD600 with Apuresound V2

Exactpower EP15a / SP15a Conditioners.

Some LPs.

As posted above, if/when you are a definite, I will add you equipment to the list above.

Also, if you would like to post your wife's cell, perhaps the community could call and lobby her on your behalf.

Nov 9, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #68 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by leichnitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As posted above, if/when you are a definite, I will add you equipment to the list above.

Also, if you would like to post your wife's cell, perhaps the community could call and lobby her on your behalf.

LoL
wink.gif

don't worry...I'll confirm once we get closer. The biggest pain is going to be moving/setting the turntable. It's heavy AND delicate at the same time.

Will there be ample table space for the setup if I do bring it. The turntable is oversized and will definitely be taking up some room. Plus any vibrations would make it difficult to listen properly.

Let me know what you think.

Nov 11, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #70 of 136
Ok move me to the definite position. I will bring small wood stands for all equipment. I will need 5'X5' of floor space. I will need one power outlet.

Equipment list.
Woo Audio 5LE
VPI Scout
Stanton Phono Pre
Monolithic PS 1 Phono Pre
Sony MDR CD 870
AKG K 701
Bean Bag Chair

Nov 12, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #71 of 136
I'm planning to be there, but haven't finalized what gear I'm bringing. Some of my stuff is redundant to what's already listed, so I'll skip those. Put me down for these:

Phones:
Denon 7000's.
Beyerdynamics DT880 250ohm

Amps:
Audio-GD C-2C
Decware CSP-2

Source:
Mac laptop
Xindak DAC-8

Nov 13, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #72 of 136
I plan to attend and will bring:

Amps: Sonett and Audio Note Kit 1
Source: Sonic Frontiers SFCD1 cd player
Headphones: DT880, DT911, HD600, K240DF, MDR-XB700

Nov 13, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #73 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone bringing a laptop I can load Squeezebox Server on to and use with my Transporter and Ref1 DAC? That way with AtomikPi's B22 we can have a high-end HD800 rig there.

I'll bring along my laptop. I know you use your transporter as a transport right? So I guess you'd also bring a hard drive with music?

Nov 14, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #74 of 136
General apologies all around for not being a better organizer.

I looked at the LA schematic and that was hugely impressive. Much larger event though than this and I'm hoping this smaller get-together will not require that much effort on my part!

I will take a pic of the interior and post it and convey a better idea of number of outlets, general configuration, etc. soon.

Table situation is this -- there are are lots of those plastic tables with collapsible legs (3'x5'?) along with chairs, that we can deploy as needed. I will post up top later more details but people will probably want to bring some sort of table cloth or covering for "their" table.

These plastic banquet tables OK for most uses, but not ideal for turntables, obviously. There are some sturdy hard wood coffee tables. Let me take a pic of them and post. Perhaps the turntable folks can use those instead of having to haul along a table.

I promise to post pix and more at top of this thread as we get closer (i.e., this coming week).

Nov 14, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #75 of 136
Hey Buddy,

If you can confirm the use of a stable coffee table, I can work on my wife angle better. If I have to even think of bringing my turntable rack, this would become way too much work as that monstrosity is about 300lb right now due to lead shot and practically immovable for such a short time. Plus if you can post the size of these coffee tables, it would help. If the vinyl rig is too much of a hassle, I can bring digital but where is the magic in that
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back