Clerks II
Jul 22, 2006 at 8:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

usc goose

Headphoneus Supremus
beautiful, just beautiful. i feel good. i love it when movies do that. anyways, just thought i'd share.

Jul 22, 2006 at 8:38 AM Post #2 of 22
Thanks for the good news report! I've always been a huge fan of Clerks, and can't seem to watch it enough. Ok, so maybe once per year. But still. I'll be looking forward to finding out what these goofballs have been up to lately.

Jul 22, 2006 at 10:10 AM Post #3 of 22
Opening day I watched it as well...twice
biggrin.gif

This movie is clever, hilarious, heartfelt, and over the top. There are definite moments where I could not stop laughing.

Jul 22, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
From the previews, I really don't know what to expect.

Is it as good as previous work?

-Matt

i'll go ahead and say yes. discounting jersey girl of course. which i still sort of liked anyways.

well, clerks II is has this sappy quality that you're not really used to from kevin smith. but still, i really liked it, and i think kevin smith fans especially will appreciate it. like recstar said, a lot of great laughs. a lot. and lot of great slogans on shirts. i need to get some of those.

"it's okay, i'm taking it back"

hahahahahhahahahahha

Jul 22, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #8 of 22
good to hear...i'll be seeing it later today.

of all the movies that opened yesterday, "C2" got the best reviews...nice.

btw, everyone should check out the kevin smith interviews that are posted on youtube from his "a night with kevin smith" special that aired on cable (if you haven't already). i especially love the stuff he has to say about his short work on superman and his feud with tim burton.

Jul 22, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #9 of 22
Ya i was gonan see this with my 17 yr bro but in ventura you have to be 21 to buy a minors ticket... im 20 .... so I was pissed... told the guy to watch himself when he goes to his car he got really scared... then i went home and blazed...

anyways im gonna see it later today.

Jul 23, 2006 at 3:06 AM Post #12 of 22
Saw it last night, brilliant. Although after the little incident with Jay I pretty much told my friends that the movie might as well be over for me, I didn't even want to imagine how they'd top it. Sure enough they topped it.

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #13 of 22
"Ooh, look, Navy SEALs!"

Jul 23, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #15 of 22
Saw it opening night and it was absolutley amazing. Pillowpants was by far the best. Looking around and seeing the audiences reaction was so great. Just a lot of open jaws and What looks. Elias really made that movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back