Classical
Jul 4, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #61 of 111
At what side is wintersturme? Or is it on cd? And check out ( if you have it on vinyl) side 8 it's the most famous part and i'll check it out in 15 minutes

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #62 of 111
Wintersturme starts 47 minutes in on this file...

http://www.vintageip.com/xfers/walkureact1walter1935.mp3

Wagner is one of my passions. I have at least a dozen different recordings of every one of his operas, and I've been to see the Ring live.

Is your Angel set the Klemperer? If so, Helga Dernesch is fantastic.

Side 8 would be Ride of the Valkyries. Lots of fun! I love Wotan's Farewell on the last side too.

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #63 of 111
Yes it is the Klemperer :) it is fantastic! I got in to wagner when i was 10 :s but i love it it's like a movie you get dragged in to, nothing now can touch wagners emotions.

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #64 of 111
If you like the Furtie, there's a fantastic EMI Tristan und Isolde by Furtwangler with Flagstad that you'd love.

You're already listening to 50s recordings. It was a great time for opera.

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #65 of 111
Ride of the valkyries is so well composed. It is just like a roller coaster of emotions And wintersturme is amazing. The vocals are just breath taking i can't think of an artist that sounds so pure now.

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #67 of 111
There are people who claim they love music, but won't listen to anything but the most recent digital recordings... They don't know what they're missing!

I have somewhere between 15 and 20,000 records (hard to count!) dating back over 100 years. I have two acoustic gramophones, one cabinet model for the earliest acoustic recordings, and a suitcase Victrola I can play electricals on. I have two turntables... A Dual 1228 outfitted with a variety of stylii for 78s and a Thorens TD165c for LPs. They're not hooked into my stereo any more. They go into the computer. Whenever I want to play a record, I digitize it.

I have around 10,000 CDs and an iTunes library with more than a year's worth of music. I'm very lucky to have a wonderful listening/screening room in my home with 5:1 sound, 1080p projection and a ten foot screen. My music server plays music 24/7 and streams it over wifi all over the house.

For thirty years I've been dreaming of the perfect way to play music. I've finally got it.

You should see the Ring in hidef on a ten foot screen with surround sound! Yow!

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #68 of 111
You should check out Götterdämmerung it is a verry good performance. I'm going to the record store tomorow can you sugest me some good lp's from wagner because i don't think i got them all.

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #69 of 111
That's so true, they need to learn to listen to the 'real' music i'm 15 i'm the only one on my school who listens to classical music, i think that is just sad.

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #71 of 111
I only have 300 lp's and 100 cd's.. I don't have a computer only my ipad i just go from my thorens td145 mkii to a pre amp to my headphone amp, sometimes i just sit in my chair And listen to vinyl for an entire day (it wil take you close to 6 hours if you wanna listen to die meistersinger from wagner) i think that that is a lot better than watching tv all day

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #72 of 111
Here is an LP shopping lst for you...

Tristan und Isolde Furtwangler EMI or Bohm Phillps
Lohengrin Kempe Angel
Parsifal Knappertsbusch Angel/Seraphim
The Ring Solti London or Bohm Phillips

You can't go wrong with any of these.

I saw the Ring in Seattle in English with Rita Hunter and Alberto Remedios. They were fantastic. They recorded it with Goodall on Angel. I also saw Gotterdammerung in San Francisco under Runnicles. Also very good.

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #73 of 111
I'll buy them tomorow! I just can't believe that the youth doesn't listen to classical it's a damn shame, they don't know what they are missing. If you want i can take some pictures of my wagner collection i'm verry proud at it.

Jul 4, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #74 of 111
Sure. I'd love to see it.

Here is my record wall. This is about 2/3 of my records. More in my library...

Here is my listening room/theater...

...and with the screen down.

Jul 5, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #75 of 111
Quote:
Sure. I'd love to see it.
Here is my record wall. This is about 2/3 of my records. More in my library...

That is not a record wall. That is some serious audio collection warehouse! ... MUCH to be learned here 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back