Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 15, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #10,684 of 10,858
Should only be necessary if the source is a phone.
Yeah I plan to use usb-c from phone to mojo with the other end usb-c or micro

May 15, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #10,687 of 10,858
All I get from the acronym is 'on the go' but I fail to connect how that makes a specific type of cable

May 15, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #10,688 of 10,858
I use UAPP from android phone with OTG
By this it seems the mojo requires OTG. As the one I've been using I have no idea where it came from or how old it is

May 15, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #10,689 of 10,858
I read somewhere the mojo2 sound signature is comparable to chord tt2+ mscaler, could someone confirm that?

I read few comments back it sounds tt2’ish, but that is still not really clear or specific enough.

I try to figure out what to expect when I order one. I will only use it for IEM, for full size I will use my tt2+MS

I own the se180 + sem 4, which is very detailles and good! But when I plug my fir audio m4 in the tt2+MM the sound is like heaven.

And I try to figure out if I will get some of that clear and smooth magic with the Mojo2, with IEM’s. So could someone help me with a good comparison :)
Nobody?😁

May 15, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #10,691 of 10,858
All I get from the acronym is 'on the go' but I fail to connect how that makes a specific type of cable
In an OTG cable, one of the USB pins is grounded.
OTG cables contain 5 wires, instead of the 4 wires in a standard USB cable.

"OTG cables use a special 5 pin microUSB-b connector on them, you cannot use a 4 pin micro USB-b connector to make an OTG cable. You cannot just rewire a standard microusb data cable to be OTG. The OTG cable internally connects pin 4 of the 5 pin connector to ground to indicate to the device that it should switch to host mode. Non OTG cables if they have 5 pins, leave pin4 unconnected."

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #10,692 of 10,858
One thing I am unsure about is how the onboard soundcard handles the optical out. If its a pure line out, or it adds something to it? Also I figure you are then using your onboard soundcard drivers to handle apps, such as Tidal etc. loosing benefits of Chord's exclusive modes and ASIO drivers, as well as probably higher res sampling rate\possibly also worse latency?

I am very unsure how you guys hear any differences with USB and optical. Maybe it has to do that I am using a PC with a very clean motherboard, which has optimized electrical pathing, thus removing a lot of noises and essentially providing a very clean signal.
All I can provide is my experience comparing USB and optical several years ago, using Mojo, my phone and optical from my PC.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/watts-up.800264/post-15927379

I think the noise enters via the cable shield (so includes RFI) + any electrical noise from the source ground plane gets easily transmitted to the DAC ground plane.
I expect that some owners will prefer the slight artificial brightness for some genres of music, eg EDM.
Similarly I expect that some owners will prefer the slightly duller optical (I sense that some posters are using 'warmer' as a synonym for duller) for genres such as classical and acoustic jazz.

May 15, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #10,693 of 10,858
All I can provide is my experience comparing USB and optical several years ago, using Mojo, my phone and optical from my PC.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/watts-up.800264/post-15927379

I think the noise enters via the cable shield (so includes RFI) + any electrical noise from the source ground plane gets easily transmitted to the DAC ground plane.
I expect that some owners will prefer the slight artificial brightness for some genres of music, eg EDM.
Similarly I expect that some owners will prefer the slightly duller optical (I sense that some posters are using 'warmer' as a synonym for duller) for genres such as classical and acoustic jazz.
Fair, however I hear absolutely no noise at all from the USB-C PC source.. it's perfectly black, maybe due to the high quality usb cable or good PC components. I am maybe not that noise susceptible also. But I will say I noticed the Mojo2 to be a bit better sounding when I ran it off batteries only when I was traveling.

May 15, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #10,694 of 10,858
Fair, however I hear absolutely no noise at all from the USB-C PC source.. it's perfectly black, maybe due to the high quality usb cable or good PC components. I am maybe not that noise susceptible also. But I will say I noticed the Mojo2 to be a bit better sounding when I ran it off batteries only when I was traveling.
It is quite possible that you have a source that is lower noise than many owners.
My PC has an old motherboard, so I use the optical out from that motherboard.
I hope that the motherboard keeps working for many years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back