Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 5, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #12,436 of 42,773
  Does anybody know if it's okay to charge he Mojo using 2 amps load instead of 1 amp. Any possibility of damaging my Mojo by using 2 amps charging?

I'm no expert here, but I'm guessing increasing the charge load may very well damage your Mojo.  

edit: Nevermind; I see the manual indicates that it requires at least a 1 amp charge, so I get your question.

Mar 5, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #12,437 of 42,773
  I'm no expert here, but I'm guessing increasing the charge load may very well damage your Mojo.  What would be your interest in using a different charge?

edit: Nevermind; I see the manual indicates that it requires at least a 1 amp charge, so I get your question.

The reason I'm asking is because there's only one 2 amp port remaining on my multi port USB charger to charge my Mojo so I'm wondering if it's okay to use that instead of a 1 amp port.

Mar 5, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #12,438 of 42,773
  Thanks for the feedback guys, do think this amp has enough power for my HE 560?

That is what I run and it's plenty to satisfy me.  It plays much louder than I care to listen.

Mar 5, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #12,439 of 42,773
The reason I'm asking is because there's only one 2 amp port remaining on my multi port USB charger to charge my Mojo so I'm wondering if it's okay to use that instead of a 1 amp port.

There's no risk at all. The Mojo, or any other device, will only draw as much current as it needs.

You can't "force" current into a load.

Mar 5, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #12,440 of 42,773
usually there is a circuit that drains only the current necessary for the battery to be charged.

you can give 10A, but the circuit will give only 1A to the battery, to avoid damage. this is how chargeble devices have been working for ages.
mojo isn't exeception for sure

Mar 5, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #12,441 of 42,773
thanks guys, but I knew Win 10 would support USB DACs, but if I'm not wrong only UAC1, then maybe there should be problems without proper drivers to support hi res DACs like mojo.
I wanted to know exactly if someone tested it with mojo.

anyway, i bought it to play mostly on the go at work, and it ended up replacing my bench DAC1 in the audio chain with the Yaohin 300b

soundstage is not that huge...but how the hell can it make such a holographic representation of the stage? it takes the HD800 layering capability to another level.
realism is the right adjective
It's so nice to see these very positive comments from you they are so different from your earlier postings when you were blaming mojo for your phone's problems. I'm glad your all sorted now!

Mar 5, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #12,442 of 42,773
there's no DSD bitstream support in those apps like VOX.
DSD audio is converted to standard PCM, it should reach 32bit @ 192khz or maybe 96khz at max, it cannot even reach the true 64bit 352/705 khz lossless convertion.
you'll never see the white light using those programs, and maybe in the settings (synchronize sample rates should be the setting you are searching for) you'll be able to convert files to an higher frequency than the standard 44.1, but hardly more than 192

using JRiver with asio (i don't know how it works with mac jriver version), you can output a bitstream DoP dsd format from SACD isos or DSF files...and you'll finally see the white light
Onkyo HF or UAPP can do it too

I see, thank you for the informative post. I'm new to using portable devices to play hi res audio and didn't realize that the audio is converted to PCM. The most I've ever used on my iPhone is Spotify and Tidal. I'll play around with some other players other than Vox this week and see what results I get.

Mar 5, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #12,443 of 42,773

Dude, have fun with mojo. Don't let the battery drain you. Rob said that the battery will last 10-20 years. Worse case just replace the battery can continue enjoying the mojo.

Mar 5, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #12,445 of 42,773
  what!?! impossible, if it doesn't work there's another reason, maybe you haven't changed the output device

Nope - all that is required to get sound back is to launch the Audio Midi setup utility and set the output resolution back to something reasonable.

This happens not just with the Mojo, but also with other DSD-capable DACs. The default resolution that Apple's OS X picks is too high, such that basic audio, like from YouTube videos, does not play.

I thought exactly as you said - output not set to the correct device. Or a new issue, Audirvana+ has muted a few DACs - that bug has since been fixed. But when I first connect up a new DAC, the MacOS default is to set the resolution too high and has not been fixed. So I'll be playing music, just fine from Audirvana+ (in that is sets the resolution to that of the audio being played). But back in the world of YouTube and browser audio, nothing. Nada. Mute.

Mar 5, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #12,447 of 42,773
  usually there is a circuit that drains only the current necessary for the battery to be charged.

you can give 10A, but the circuit will give only 1A to the battery, to avoid damage. this is how chargeble devices have been working for ages.
mojo isn't exeception for sure

Thanks for the confirmation Blasyrkh, this is giving me peace of mind now.

Mar 5, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #12,450 of 42,773

Salla45, great to hear you are enjoying your music.

My Mojo moments:

I'm listening now to "I've got you under my skin" by DIana Krall, Live in Paris. She's so real, clear and musical. It's easy for me to feel like I'm in Paris now, watching her concert live. How wonderful, that a recorded album can do that! 

Rick

I have most of her stuff, but not the live one :frowning2: - must get hold of it! Ps... You may like to try Molly Johnson if you like DK - v good. Oh and great with Mojo of course. ahem...

More female vocalist options to treat your Mojo to, here:

www.head-fi.org/t/522812/the-best-female-vocals-your-favorite-female-singers/2175#post_10824627

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back