Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 28, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #7,861 of 42,765
  A hard decision to make is should I buy this which I already know is awesome or wait to see the new iBasso DX200. Cant buy both one or the other.

and where on hell did the dx200 news come out ( pulling hairs )    :)

Dec 28, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #7,863 of 42,765
  second question which i have 2 report buttons to fire up for any ridcule :))

does it matter if i use poweramp or neutron player than the onkyo hf player when connecting the mojo to my galaxy note 3

you should see the sony zx2 thread i drove them crazy asking if i can use eq of the zx2 with mojo :)

The only difference is your preference. Some like the Onkyo HF others Power Amp or Neutron.

My own preference is USB Audio Player Pro 
L3000.gif

Dec 28, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #7,864 of 42,765
have been listening to my mojo with a dx50 and an x5 which both sound great but was curious as to how and older dap would be with it so dug out the old iriver h120 and hooked it up via the optical out, bloody hell that just brought a huge smile to my face.

Dec 28, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #7,865 of 42,765
  have been listening to my mojo with a dx50 and an x5 which both sound great but was curious as to how and older dap would be with it so dug out the old iriver h100 and hooked it up via the optical out, bloody hell that just brought a huge smile to my face.

This is interesting. Can you post a pic of your mojo paired with iriver h100? If I am not mistaken, the iriver can be modded with CF cards also rockboxed. 

Dec 28, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #7,866 of 42,765

This is interesting. Can you post a pic of your mojo paired with iriver h100? If I am not mistaken, the iriver can be modded with CF cards also rockboxed. 

i'll put a pic up tomorrow when i get a minute, the battery won't take much of a charge these days 

Dec 28, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #7,870 of 42,765
I have been listening to my Mojo on it's own and with my vorzuge pure II+ going back and forth and it is an interesting experiment......on it's own to my ears the mojo is warmer and smoother a really nice experience...with the vorzuge the warmth is reduced and the sound to my ears becomes more like the Hugo...a larger soundstage,a bit more detail......in some sense it like going from an LCD-3 to an HD800....very interesting to listen to the difference between the same recordings....it is impossible to match volume exactly obviously but one can get a very good sense of the 2 different versions of sound.......i wonder if others have similar thoughts?FWIIW i think the vorzuge is the best portable amp i have ever heard,i have not had a chance to sample the new Cavalli for comparison which i plan to do at some point although i would be very surprised if it is dramatically better than the vorzuge

Dec 28, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #7,872 of 42,765
Here are my thoughts about what source to use with the Mojo: Use the one that is the most convenient to you. If there's an advantage to using any kind of DAP, it would be one that has an optical output, as that wont carry noise over to the Mojo, unlike some phones, including the iPhone, that seem to be a bit noisy.  Once you've decided on a suitable device, then consider a convenient cable to use. Start cheap though.

If you're going to be spending a great many hours using a phone as the transport for the Mojo, then, and only then maybe care a bit about which player or cable you use, as the differences between players and cables, IMO, aren't so great that they would be worth bothering about otherwise. They are certainly below the threshold at which I'd suggest anyone take me at my word about my impressions of them. 
smile.gif

Dec 28, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #7,873 of 42,765
My other take on a transport for Mojo? Use your excellent DAPs as standalones and get a budget one as a transport for the Mojo. Or else it's like buying a Ferrari to tow a trailer and only sitting in the trailer.

Dec 28, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #7,874 of 42,765
I am using an AK120 Titan with the Mojo and the vorzuge pure II+...

Dec 28, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #7,875 of 42,765
  I am using an AK120 Titan with the Mojo and the vorzuge pure II+...

I think sometime I'm going to have to see if I can't get an extended audition with the Vorzuge. I keep hearing about wide soundstages and all that. That, and a Mass Kobo amp, but I'm ahead of myself here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back