Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 6, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #28,411 of 42,765
  OK, that is a bit of a hilariously overpriced boondoggle. I no longer use my Mojo at home anyway, it's just for mobile use- but the cost of the Poly is getting close to just importing a Japanese ZX2, if I sold the Mojo. That would be far less clunky (and sound nicer).

I still really enjoy my Mojo through IEMs still, but the stack is somewhat clunky. I was holding off buying a DAP to see what Chord had in store. I suppose that now I've seen, and can plan accordingly.

It won't sound nicer. I had a ZX2 and sold it after hearing the Mojo. We may be annoyed at the Poly price but still nothing wrong with the Mojo itself & what we originally bought it for. If I don't buy a Poly the Mojo still works fantastically permanently connected to my Z5mini and sounds better than a ZX2 with my SE846's.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #28,412 of 42,765

It won't sound nicer. I had a ZX2 and sold it after hearing the Mojo. We may be annoyed at the Poly price but still nothing wrong with the Mojo itself & what we originally bought it for. If I don't buy a Poly the Mojo still works fantastically permanently connected to my Z5mini and sounds better than a ZX2 with my SE846's.

Yeah, Shure IEMs aren't exactly famous for being revealing or fast, mind you. Those "liquid mids" come at a price. They're nice and relaxing if you're looking for an undemanding listen, mind- there's a place for them in the world.

I'm not a member of the HF Chord fanboy collective, not a member of the Hating Everything Chord On Principle constituent that exists elsewhere, either. However, I don't feel the need to validate my purchase choices by insisting they're best evar in the face of superior alternatives. My Mojo sounds pretty nice, though not as nice as the ZX2, once you kill all the "sound enhancement" rubbish running on it. The detail and slam are annoyingly superior. Try spending some time with one and a pair of Andros or Martians, and the difference becomes fairly hard to ignore.

I have been very happy using my Mojo as a daily commuter source, beyond the clumsy nature of the stack (banded to an old phone in flight mode). It doesn't sound any less good now that Poly is announced. However, waiting to see what Poly did is a factor that has kept me on the Mojo. Whether I will jump now, or this is all just stupid big talk, however, remains to be seen
cool.gif

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #28,413 of 42,765

Yeah, Shure IEMs aren't exactly famous for being revealing, mind you. Those "liquid mids" come at a price.

Is this a joke or sarcasm ??  Have you never heard the SE846's
confused_face.gif
 They still retail for $1000.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #28,415 of 42,765
Is this a joke or sarcasm ??  Have you never heard the SE846's :confused_face:  They still retail for $1000.
well maybe for him if shure had 80% less bass and 40% more treble then for him its his version of being neutral and "revealing".

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #28,416 of 42,765

Ah, Head-Fi where audio quality is measured by price tag alone? Gotcha. Try listening to some high end IEMs some time then, if that's how you roll.

I've tried many over the years starting with low priced Klipsch S4i then Klipsch X10i before moving upwards, and only ones I'd likely upgrade to now are the Noble K10UA/Encore. No idea where your coming from.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #28,417 of 42,765
Could you please enlighten us with some insider details about Poly ?
How it will performs against other transports ? How will be the SQ ? How will be the SQ on bluetooth compare to NAS and SD card ?
So many queries... please help us :D
we've put out a full press release and had many meeting with them one of the meetings was with Jude and Warren who now fully understand the product Jude will be putting out a very detailed video explanation of all of the features and the ways in which Poly can be used.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #28,418 of 42,765

Could you please enlighten us with some insider details about Poly ?
How it will performs against other transports ? How will be the SQ ? How will be the SQ on bluetooth compare to NAS and SD card ?
So many queries... please help us
biggrin.gif

we've put out a full press release and had many meeting with them one of the meetings was with Jude and Warren who now fully understand the product Jude will be putting out a very detailed video explanation of all of the features and the ways in which Poly can be used.

Thank you for your reply. Appreciated.
Now will wait for Jude's video :)

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #28,419 of 42,765
Poly is much more convenient I think, you can choose a song on the phone screen without even taking out the Mojo/Poly.
Mojo/Poly pairing looks do much neater compared to those huge ugly stacks.

It won't be as simple as you say by just leaving it in your bag/ pocket, people are forgetting you will have to adjust volume manually which I have to do quite often as track dynamic range varies.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #28,420 of 42,765
It won't be as simple as you say by just leaving it in your bag/ pocket, people are forgetting you will have to adjust volume manually which I have to do quite often as track dynamic range varies.

You can do that thru the app on your phone. You don't even need to touch poly/mojo.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #28,421 of 42,765

OK, one question I have. Will I be able to play Spotify/Tidal offline content on my smartphone (Android) over to the Mojo/Poly by Wi-Fi and it will then play through the Mojo at the correct 16/44 for example.

So Mojo/Poly in my pocket with my SE846's plugged in then stream Hi-Def audio (over WiFi I assume) file to play correctly out of the Mojo? And if I change track on the phone it works to the Mojo/Poly.

John replied to my question which others may find useful.

[u][color=rgb(0, 102, 204)]Mojo ideas[/color][/u]
Today at 1:40 pm
Yes you can and also play directly to mojo too if it's wifi link is better that your phone's note Poly is its own wifi hub too. Yes your phone is the controller you can use familiar control apps to you too with metadata and all the other stuff being made available on the phone's display too,

Jan 6, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #28,424 of 42,765

Hi john, I was very excited about the poly but I have to admit that I'm not too keen hearing the price.

That said I wouldn't completely write it off. I'm really curious though, not so much about the features, but rather the sound quality of the poly as a transport off SD cards. I've been using the mojo for a while now and I'm incredibly impressed by it. However I have also found it to be extremely extremely sensitive to source pairing and can go from sounding just not bad to sounding out of this world with the right pairing.

I would like to enquire then, had anything special been done to optimise sound quality of the poly as a transport as has obviously been done in the Dave? I know the mojo has been previously touted to be unaffectedly by source jitter but despite that, (and I'm not saying it's from jitter, possibly other things in fact) i just find it to be really source dependent.

While the price admittedly put me off, if you guys can tell us that a lot was put not into simply the functionality and features, but also to Ensure a tip top transport sonically that Beats the portable competition handedly, then I am all ears.

Jan 6, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #28,425 of 42,765
There is an optional volume on your phone screen too.

It may actually turn out to be exactly what I've been looking for (other than the price). When you opening up orders and delivery in the UK? I'm more streaming so have offline content on my phone which would be great to wirelessly stream to Mojo/Poly over wifi if no detail is lost (ie plays flac/DSD native) and I can control tracks/volume via the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back