Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 15, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #24,136 of 42,765
I think we already have plenty of fun with Rob's code, without the need for tinkering with it - and Rob's code is the result of some quite unique thinking and experience.

Doesn't mean anyone needs to idol-worship Rob - he's a normal bloke, but one who just happens to have a wealth of experience and some rather unique perspectives on ADC and DAC design.

Whilst there are many with knowledge of how to program FPGAs, there are far fewer with the sheer depth of intricate knowledge that Rob has in the aformentioned facets of digital signal 'construction' and 'deconstruction'.

I think you misunderstand. I'm not talking about trying to improve what he's done or release community firmware... I'm talking about having some fun with the platform.

Oct 15, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #24,138 of 42,765
You might have some fun with HQPlayer

Thanks for the suggestion

Software is boring to me, even more so when I'm not even the one who wrote it. I'd rather do it in (digital) hardware.

But anyways, it was just a passing thought.

Edit:
Gain control PID loop is another passing thought. Hardware based replay gain would be fun to experiment with.

Edit 2:
Crossfeed would be something else I'd want to play with. I guess there are a few things Chord left on the table...

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #24,139 of 42,765
Apologies in advance if this question has been previously answered (I couldn't find an answer in the FAQ's), but as a new owner (bought at an amazing discount at Headroom London yesterday!), I've followed the recommended '10hr' initial charge, but the charging light has no gone off after 8hrs, so should I disconnect it, or leave it plugged in for the full duration? Btw, I'm charging with the standard Chord charging cable connected to an Apple plug into a wall socket.

As an aside, I found it awkward to place the Mojo whilst charging since this cable is so short, so have ordered an Anker cable from Amazon, which should make any future wall socket charging a bit easier, i.e. not having to stack books under the Mojo to prevent it just dangling from the plug!

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #24,140 of 42,765
  Apologies in advance if this question has been previously answered (I couldn't find an answer in the FAQ's), but as a new owner .... I've followed the recommended '10hr' initial charge, but the charging light has no gone off after 8hrs, so should I disconnect it, or leave it plugged in for the full duration? Btw, I'm charging with the standard Chord charging cable connected to an Apple plug into a wall socket.

Welcome to the club!

You'll find answers to many of your questions in post #3 of this thread, as per the thread title.

For example, your above question is answered in the section of post #3 entitled 'Battery & Charging'     (your Mojo is fully charged once the charging light goes out - you do not need to keep trying to charge it for a full 10 hours; it's just that some people may receive a Mojo with a very empty battery which might take as long as 10 hours, but most people will find their unit doesn't require so long to reach full charge)

I hope you enjoy listening to Mojo
beerchug.gif

Oct 15, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #24,141 of 42,765
My Mojo makes a little hissing noise when I put it on wall charge, is it alright? And, what does a blinking white light mean? Sorry, I did not read the entire 3rd post.

It shuts down while listening to music, even when PC is supplying power. Looks like I received a unit with a dead battery or something. It's been charging for hours in a shutdown state.

I realized while typing that I should read the third post, I think I got the answer to my first question. It's either the charger or the cable, and the noise is not serious, my unit is good. :D

Thanks in advance, please tell me about the blinking white LED, I think, it is because charger is of less capacity LOL

Oct 15, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #24,142 of 42,765
  My Mojo makes a little hissing noise when I put it on wall charge, is it alright? And, what does a blinking white light mean? Sorry, I did not read the entire 3rd post.

It shuts down while listening to music, even when PC is supplying power. Looks like I received a unit with a dead battery or something. It's been charging for hours in a shutdown state.

I realized while typing that I should read the third post, I think I got the answer to my first question. It's either the charger or the cable, and the noise is not serious, my unit is good. :D

Thanks in advance, please tell me about the blinking white LED, I think, it is because charger is of less capacity LOL

Blinking white light means your charger is not supplying enough current to charge Mojo, so the battery is probably almost flat by now, and consequently, it is not surprising if it keeps shutting down.

Oct 15, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #24,144 of 42,765
Not all chargers meet the 1A requirement for the Mojo, regardless of what the charger label says. :wink:

Oct 15, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #24,146 of 42,765
What charger should I get, specifically for it

I use a variety of chargers that are 2A 5V, they all work great, couldn't recommend one over the other. Just look for a reputable brand with these specs and you should be fine.

Oct 15, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #24,147 of 42,765
Thank you guys, much appreciated. I have trouble telling the colors of the charging LED. It always seems white, or bluish white, but I see red usually, saw blinking red as well. I think I am putting too much pressure on Mojo, 600 Ohms, and a 300 Ohms plugged simultaneously just to burn it in and to A/B some differences in the sound of my entirely different HPs. I think I should give it some rest :D Is it normal or not a good idea?

Edit: I wanted to order another Mojo, this time for a friend, I haven't registered mine yet. Can he register his Mojo in his own name in a different region? Will the warranty work? I tried to write to Chord, no answer, I read FAQ, no clue there as well.

Oct 15, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #24,149 of 42,765
Thank you guys, much appreciated. I have trouble telling the colors of the charging LED. It always seems white, or bluish white, but I see red usually, saw blinking red as well. I think I am putting too much pressure on Mojo, 600 Ohms, and a 300 Ohms plugged simultaneously just to burn it in and to A/B some differences in the sound of my entirely different HPs. I think I should give it some rest :D Is it normal or not a good idea?

It's a DAC, not a sled dog team. It'll be fine.

Oct 15, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #24,150 of 42,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back