Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 15, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #24,106 of 42,765

You can do a USB to USB connection...if that's what you are asking?

Sure, but that bypasses the AK120 DAC. OP stated that connecting the Mojo changed the sound of the AK120 DAC... It doesn't seem possible.

Oh...you are correct. Count me interested in knowing about this as well  
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #24,107 of 42,765
I use mojo with fiio x3 2nd gen and also use redmi s1 as transport to mojo sometimes. redmi phones known to work with Uapp and recognize almost all dacs . so a used redmi phone can be a great cheap transport to mojo or hugo .

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #24,109 of 42,765
That's an analogue cable for connecting the DAC to output to am amplifier not a digital input which I believe you are looking for?

Yup, I'm looking for a cable to connect the Node digital coaxial out to the Mojo's coaxial digital in. That cable doesn't do that? I think I officially don't understand cables, then.

In answer to another reply: I'm looking for coaxial because the optical out from the Node was connected to my Deepblue2. I've hijacked that connection at the moment.

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #24,110 of 42,765
Quick question re: coaxials. For hooking up a Mojo to a Bluesound Node 2, am I right in thinking that this:

...with a 3.5mm jack one end and an RCA the other would be what I'm after? I emailed Audio Sanctuary earlier today, but they never got back to me.

The Node 2 has what I'd consider to be a 'normal' coaxial output – but I guess there are lots of types out there that I don't know about! Here's a pic of its connections:

Thanks in advance!
Yup, I'm looking for a cable to connect the Node digital coaxial out to the Mojo's coaxial digital in. That cable doesn't do that? I think I officially don't understand cables, then.

In answer to another reply: I'm looking for coaxial because the optical out from the Node was connected to my Deepblue2. I've hijacked that connection at the moment.

The cable you linked is a coaxial cable and should work fine. Make sure to select the proper option at checkout, or inform them you need an RCA to 3.5mm TS cable.

Oct 15, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #24,113 of 42,765
Now everyone imagine this:
A mix between the Tera Player and Chord Mojo.Same simple square format slightly thicker to accommodate a bigger battery for up to 20 hours playback time and decoding everything up to quad DSD and as powerful as Mojo to drive any headphone out there.SDXC card, not micro sd.
This will be the perfect one and only solution for any audiophile.
Future will tell:thumbsup:

Oct 15, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #24,114 of 42,765
Now everyone imagine this:
A mix between the Tera Player and Chord Mojo.Same simple square format slightly thicker to accommodate a bigger battery for up to 20 hours playback time and decoding everything up to quad DSD and as powerful as Mojo to drive any headphone out there.SDXC card, not micro sd.
This will be the perfect one and only solution for any audiophile.
Future will tell:thumbsup:

You are right that the future will tell, but I will challenge your blanket statement "This will be the perfect one and only solution for any audiophile.".

The Mojo (plus some other DACs such as the OPPO HA2) already make MP3s and standard 16/44.1 files sound amazing - but you are claiming that not one audiophile will question whether quad DSD is a needed functionality. 

Oct 15, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #24,120 of 42,765
Thanks, I know what it is. I was curious what it's used for in the Mojo.

Was it pre implemented there for the purpose which chord had in mind initially when they design the mojo , to add Bluetooth , micro sd card capabilities in the form of the coming modules which chord are currently on the works to introducing it on the mojo ?
For Bluetooth ? Micro sd card modules ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back