Chord Hugo
Jul 12, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #6,406 of 15,694
  Latest pairing: Hugo and HE560-- superb results. 
So far, the Hugo is tops with these phones imho: Fostex TH900, Oppo PM-1, Hifiman HE560.

i want basshead bass not open headphones bass as the ones you mentioned are open and i have doubt they are basshead

i am uisng an iPod touch as a transport with hugo, and every album with audeze I feel I have to adjust eq. And bass is not there to me 

Whie this cheap sms by 50 cent gives me pleasure listening to music without eq and I keep the eq in the iPod flat, it has really nice bass punch and is not irritating in highs as the audeze ( sorry thats my opinion when paired with hugo ) the music is boring and FLAT FLAT in this combo.

So this is why I want the best of the best basshead headphone to pair with my beloved hugo

and since most of us who use hugo as a transport this means we use Onkyo HF player maybe you can share a bass head good sounding eq curve as I tried to play around with it and not that impressive, as the audeze starts to distort if I want to reach basshead level bass 

And to add to the irony, I just paired my phone sony xperia z ultra by buetooth to my sms by 50 cent ( bluetooth ) and compared it to the very expensive hugo+ audeze, and guess what I liked the xperia and sms better I am sure that its the headphones of audeze that are not doing it for me bass wise 

Jul 12, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #6,409 of 15,694
  Also, another new USB cable compatible with Hugo:

http://ppaproduct.blogspot.tw/2013/07/usb-cable.html

It is the slim version that is available.  I haven't tried that cable.  But I have tried the PPA USB to B cable, and it is amazing.  His cables are getting all sorts of recommendations.  I know the PS Audio founder heard the cable and was like WTH is Paul Pang doing to make such a difference in a cable.

Wow, I had recommended to Paul to hear the Hugo.  I am sooo glad he's made a micro USB cable.  Highly recommended! 

Thanks Crashem, for the heads up.

Jul 12, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #6,410 of 15,694
Originally Posted by hykhleif 
Originally Posted by hykhleif /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i want basshead bass not open headphones bass as the ones you mentioned are open and i have doubt they are basshead

i am uisng an iPod touch as a transport with hugo, and every album with audeze I feel I have to adjust eq. And bass is not there to me 

Whie this cheap sms by 50 cent gives me pleasure listening to music without eq and I keep the eq in the iPod flat, it has really nice bass punch and is not irritating in highs as the audeze ( sorry thats my opinion when paired with hugo ) the music is boring and FLAT FLAT in this combo.

So this is why I want the best of the best basshead headphone to pair with my beloved hugo

and since most of us who use hugo as a transport this means we use Onkyo HF player maybe you can share a bass head good sounding eq curve as I tried to play around with it and not that impressive, as the audeze starts to distort if I want to reach basshead level bass 

Have you tried Beats ?

Jul 12, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #6,411 of 15,694
  have you thought of auditioning some Audio-Technica headphones... the portable ES10 or M50 DJ-cans have a good rep, it may be worth checking their full-sized closed cans as well.... Ultrasone maybe worth a visit.

i had the audio technica m50 it does not have basshead bass and the mids and highs are very sharp I hated it so much

as for the others I did not listen to them 

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #6,413 of 15,694

Maybe the JVC DX-1000...? (I'm a former owner.) Definitely a big strong bass there. Good natural well defined mids and highs and not too fatiguing in the mids/highs.
Actually, the TH900 I mentioned does have fairly strong bass to my ears (not as strong as the JVC, though).

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #6,415 of 15,694
i really can't understand how they say audeze has lots of bass, what are they comparing it to when they say that, as to me it just sound warm and nice, but lacks in bass

Jul 12, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #6,417 of 15,694

How about "You can't always get what you want."

how about in that case I don't pay over 1K for a headphone and only pay 10 USD

Jul 12, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #6,420 of 15,694
  how about in that case I don't pay over 1K for a headphone and only pay 10 USD

this should help... thank me later, no rush...
wink_face.gif

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Headphones-/112529/i.html?_from=R40&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=0&_udhi=10&_sop=3&_dcat=112529&Earpiece%2520Design=Ear%252DCup%2520%2528Over%2520the%2520Ear%2529%7CEar%252DPad%2520%2528On%2520the%2520Ear%2529&_nkw=headphones&_ipg=200&rt=nc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back