Chord Hugo
Jul 11, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #6,348 of 15,694
What is the actual electrical input that the hugo takes? I have a LPS with extra rail and curious if it will make any difference even though it shouldn't.

For above poster, I believe hugo is lithion battery so always at full charge will decrease life of battery. You should run it down and charge back up.

In my opinion I don't think the above comment is not strictly true, If the batteries are held at a voltage higher than 4.2 volts it would be the case but chord appear to have sophisticated charging circuitry built into Hugo that ensures the batteries never exceed 4.2 volts and keeping Hugo's wall wart power source in all the time will be fine and will not degrade the life of the batteries.

Jul 11, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #6,350 of 15,694
For me I let things discharge and I do not think it is a good idea to leave a device of any kind with batteries plugged it all,the time or at least what unattended. Batteries can basically explode or go on fire just google u tube on battery fires. .
I am in no way saying the hugo is anything less then a great product ,however it is not a good idea to leave it plugged in all,the time if not being used . In doing this you are engaging the charging circuit all the time and it's not the battery life I care about here .,it's that a simple malfunction and this hugo is on fire. Now it's good it is in the metal case but even your cell phone can start to burn up and thus is the same thing. I am sure it's rare like cell phones or other devices but why temp fate 24/7. So sorry to dis agree to mr watts ,but for safety reasons I feel it is nit a good idea .
Just my thoughts .
Al

Jul 11, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #6,351 of 15,694
Just thinking out loud - should the moderators create a sticky post where people would list all the cables (USB, toslink, coaxial, adaptors, etc) that fit the Hugo?  The same questions on the cables and adaptors seem to be repeated again and again, and it's hard to blame anyone not reading through 400+ pages to find the answers that have already been provided.  The sticky would be a very helpful resource for all the new Hugo buyers.  

Jul 11, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #6,352 of 15,694
hahaha. I was waiting for someone to say something.
I have no bad intent. As anyone here can post a thought I did.
I would not leave my cell phone plugged into the charger indefinitely
Or any other battery device for that matter. Why would this be different in my world
What I stated has nothing tondo with design
As the hugo is designed very well in all ways.
So in the end it's just my view. I am have consummately said good things about the Hugo
But I do feel as I posted.
Sorry not trying to annoy anyone and I do feel your remark is unfounded
Al

Jul 11, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #6,353 of 15,694

We can do a limited quantity of these!

can't you make it shorter, i place my fiio x5 on top of hugo so i need a very very short cable

Jul 11, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #6,354 of 15,694
PhilW
What material are those cables? Seems not listed on the website
May order together with that V-something usb cable that fits Hugo?
Cheers

Jul 11, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #6,356 of 15,694
For me I let things discharge and I do not think it is a good idea to leave a device of any kind with batteries plugged it all,the time or at least what unattended. Batteries can basically explode or go on fire just google u tube on battery fires. .
I am in no way saying the hugo is anything less then a great product ,however it is not a good idea to leave it plugged in all,the time if not being used . In doing this you are engaging the charging circuit all the time and it's not the battery life I care about here .,it's that a simple malfunction and this hugo is on fire. Now it's good it is in the metal case but even your cell phone can start to burn up and thus is the same thing. I am sure it's rare like cell phones or other devices but why temp fate 24/7. So sorry to dis agree to mr watts ,but for safety reasons I feel it is nit a good idea .
Just my thoughts .
Al

Sound advice.... for me I try to remember to turn it off / unplug once in a while but it had been plugged in mostly for the past month or so.  But you're right we shouldn't temp fate 24/7.  I am most sure it's ok under normal circumstances but I certainly don't want anything plugged in on my grid or something went wrong with the electricity company's distribution and fry my Hugo....  better be safe than sorry.

Jul 11, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #6,357 of 15,694
Thanks for understanding. I know it's if small concern unless it happens to you.
I have a home in a rural area. The OWER goes out and right back in often. So most if my home has ups units. Keeping essential things like my 24/7 CPU running and cable boxes internet. My point it things happen mostly when we are not there
I came home one day and the damn my CPU was smoking
In the end it's just about not tempting things all the time
I fly RC helicopters and cars the things that happen to LIpo batteries is just crazy
And our phones have them.
Enjoy the Hugo
Al

Jul 11, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #6,358 of 15,694
Just dont turn off the power strip when leave home, and dont leave home without Hugo.

beerchug.gif

Jul 11, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #6,359 of 15,694
PhilW : are there any options around which plugs are used ?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back